How to skip unsubscribed channels while surfing?
mav1c1

Is there a setting to have the box skip unsubscribed channels while surfing?

So for example, lets say channel 500 is subscribed, 501 is unsubscribed, and 502 is subscribed.

When I channel up to 500 it shows video.
I channel up to 501 and I see the "Unsubscribed" message.
I channel up again to 502 and see video.
I don't want to see channel 501 at all.
I want it to go from channel 500 to 502, skipping 501 because it's an unsubscribed channel.
Isn't there some setting to skip unsubscribed channels? I noticed in the Info banner in the lower right is says "All Channels". When I go to Options I don't see anything to change that.

0 Likes
Re: How to skip unsubscribed channels while surfing?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@mav1c wrote:

Is there a setting to have the box skip unsubscribed channels while surfing? ... 

... Isn't there some setting to skip unsubscribed channels? ...

What happened when you typed "subscribed" into the Ask The Community search bar at the top of this page?

0 Likes
Re: How to skip unsubscribed channels while surfing?
JustGotFiOS
Contributor - Level 2

There is a setting:

1. Change the channel so that the info banner at the bottom appears (the bottom third of the screen showing the station name, the current program, etc.)

2. Press the right arrow button (the one in the circle around the OK button)

3. You may need to press OK next to get past the informational message about filters (that one shows for me on the SD box, but not the HD box)

4. Now you can change the mode to "Subscribed"

5. Click OK to confirm

BUT....once you turn the STB off that settings gets reset to "All Channels". That is a bug in the STB software and one of the most annoying ones. Verizon knows about this for at least half a year since I reported it a few times during the past six months. Apparently, nobody at Verizon HQ gives a **bleep** what customers want. Gazillion of other settings are properly stored, but this one is not. And nobody knows why.

The workaround is to create a favories list with only the subscribed channels, but you need to do that for each box that you have. Not only a pain in the rear to do, but also unnecessary because there is the option available (see above), but it doesn't get saved. Verizon, do we really need to resort to jailbreaking the STBs just to fix such silly flaws?

0 Likes