Switch Account

How to stop the "Press Menu to wach Fios TV, otherwise turn off your TV"

How to stop the "Press Menu to wach Fios TV, otherwise turn off your TV"

SOLVED
Contributor Unc23j
Contributor
Message 1 of 20
(28,433 Views)
Can't figure it out on settings. Any help?
19 REPLIES 19
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 20
(28,409 Views)

You really cannot.  Its a builtin screen saver and reminder to save power and "wear and tear" by turning your TV screen off.  Note you can also look at the remote instructions on how to have the power off key on the Verizon remote also turn off your TV.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 3 of 20
(28,327 Views)

on our stboxes we CAN turn this off......w your fios remote go to menu/settings/set-top box/screen saver.........

it behaves like this:

with it set to "no screen saver in standby"......

when the power is off on the box (not unplugged, just switched off via remote or frontpanel power button or after 3 or 4 hours of inactivity) and the tv is still on, our tv has a dull blackish glow from screen

with screensaver set to "screen saver in standby" ......

when the power is off on the box (not unplugged, just switched off via remote or frontpanel power button or after 3 or 4 hours of inactivity) and the tv is still on, our tv has that same dull blackish glow from screen plus that

"Press Menu to watch Fios TV, otherwise turn off your TV"

that you want gone........i hope this helps, let me know, k? soon though, cuz i'll soon belong to frontier, heheheh

Contributor Unc23j
Contributor
Message 4 of 20
(28,320 Views)
**bleep**. Super bummer
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 20
(28,307 Views)

You really want your TV to be on but DARK.  Eats up lots of power.  And reduces life of TV screen.  For some screen types all black actually is worse for screen life.

Contributor Russ021
Contributor
Message 6 of 20
(26,550 Views)

Looks like this setting is gone in the current Fios Quantum STB. What I want is for the HDMI out to shut off along with the box.  That signals my TV that the input is no longer active -- technically required for the part of the spec- (HDMI device control). That the more expensive STB is missing this feature is frustrating. 

Contributor Dolphins
Contributor
Message 7 of 20
(26,461 Views)

The suggestions offered to turn off having to touch the menu button when turning on the TV do not correspond to what is on my Remote. This system was installed last week. I can go to settings  I go to Menu ....Settings but then there is no option for Set Top Box so how do I get to the STB option..

Contributor Rob59
Contributor
Message 8 of 20
(25,107 Views)

Same here - not option for Set Top Box. My Fios  was installed about two months ago, July 2017.

Contributor Me-1963
Contributor
Message 9 of 20
(24,511 Views)

Try Settings - System - Media Server Settings - Auto Power Off - None. This just worked for me

Platinum Contributor III

That will always show channel content.

OP requested a way to make stb output turn off.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.