How to transmit cable signal to TV wirelessly
dross333

HI, 

I am redoing my kitchen and want to avoid having my cable box next to the TV.  If I keep the cable box on the other side of the kitchen, how can I have that cablebox signal get to the TV. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: How to transmit cable signal to TV wirelessly
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

you need whats called a Wireless Cable TV Transmitter & Receiver.

It basically hooks up to the cable box so you transmit the output to a remote location.

see this link for an example:

http://www.bing.com/shopping/5-8ghz-sr-wireless-trans-rcvr/p/4888E3167482158F341B?q=wireless+cable+t...

one of the problems here though is that you'll still be using the FiOS remote and Set Tob Box (STB) for the TV signal from Verizon. So if the STB is behind you (for example) with the TV across the room, you'll need to point the remote at the STB and NOT the TV in order to change channels, see the menu, etc. The TV controls (vol, mute, etc) will still be via pointing the remote at the TV. It's the STB that controls what you're watching, not the TV. Also these motorolla boxes are infared (not blue tooth) so you need to have line of sight to the box from the remote...

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Roadking10453 wrote:

you need whats called a Wireless Cable TV Transmitter & Receiver.

It basically hooks up to the cable box so you transmit the output to a remote location.

see this link for an example:

one of the problems here though is that you'll still be using the FiOS remote and Set Tob Box (STB) for the TV signal from Verizon. So if the STB is behind you (for example) with the TV across the room, you'll need to point the remote at the STB and NOT the TV in order to change channels, see the menu, etc. The TV controls (vol, mute, etc) will still be via pointing the remote at the TV. It's the STB that controls what you're watching, not the TV. Also these motorolla boxes are infared (not blue tooth) so you need to have line of sight to the box from the remote...

Be aware that this device will not transmit HD signals.

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

OK, ya got me...I didn't check that for that model but there are plenty of them that will xmit/rcv HD too

http://www.nextag.com/wireless-hd-tv-transmitter/products-html

just shop around

0 Likes
GF16
Will the FIOS STB allow for any wireless transmission that is not direct, but is indirect. For example, a wireless transmission from a separate room?
I'd appreciate any guidance on this.
0 Likes