How to turn off the new screen saver?

How to turn off the new screen saver?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor 25nwood
Contributor
Message 1 of 13
(10,033 Views)

OK, i figured out how to turn off the annoying posters in the screen saver and the screen saver has a "black" background now.   Does anyone know how to get a truen black screensaver not one that has the brightness all the way up?

Thanks!!

12 REPLIES 12
Contributor smspring22
Contributor
Message 2 of 13
(9,993 Views)

how to stop screen saver?  Go back to "press menu"

Contributor smspring22
Contributor
Message 3 of 13
(9,998 Views)

so how do you turn it off?

Contributor Gerrostey
Contributor
Message 4 of 13
(9,750 Views)

For those wondering how to at least get the full brightness black screen: Menu/Settings/System/Media Client Settings/Screensaver Posters/Disable

Contributor ck2
Contributor
Message 5 of 13
(5,168 Views)

The menu and procedure function as described, but you have to wait until the next day to confirm. Posters are there again and the setting has been returned to "Enable." I have to turn the TV off and then on again, or press Exit.

Contributor gac1rl
Contributor
Message 6 of 13
(4,813 Views)

Thank you. This was driving me crazy. Tried turning everything off, but didn't know this was there. Smiley Happy

Contributor Elliot1
Contributor
Message 7 of 13
(4,618 Views)

Media Client Settings is not a submenu option I can find anywhere. Where is that ostensibly located?

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 8 of 13
(4,585 Views)

It is actually settings, system, Fios TV One settings, then screensaver posters, disable  on my box.

@Elliot1 wrote:

Media Client Settings is not a submenu option I can find anywhere. Where is that ostensibly located?

Contributor PlumChell
Contributor
Message 9 of 13
(4,193 Views)

I’ve disabled screensaver posters, but a black screen with Verizon logos day time still comes up; further it ones on even after I’ve turned tv off.  Only way to stop is to unplug.  HELP!

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 10 of 13
(4,058 Views)

There is no way you can see the screensaver with the TV off. How can you have a picture without the TV being on?

@PlumChell wrote:

I’ve disabled screensaver posters, but a black screen with Verizon logos day time still comes up; further it ones on even after I’ve turned tv off.  Only way to stop is to unplug.  HELP!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.