How to watch FiOS TV on a computer?

How to watch FiOS TV on a computer?

SOLVED
Jack19446
Contributor
Plan: FiOS
Message 1 of 2
(22,237 Views)

I will be getting FiOS Internet and TV installed next week.  I would like to watch TV on the computer.  I have an old analog TV tuner card in the PC.  Do I have to get a set-top box for the computer, or is there a way to access FiOS TV over the Internet?

My computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edition.

1 REPLY
Gold Contributor III
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25
Message 2 of 2
(22,226 Views)

Yes you will require an STB.  There are no analog signals on the FIOS TV feed, they are all digital (QAM-256).  Even with a QAM capable tuner you will only get the local SD and HD channels (as these are the only ones in "clear QAM") unless you have a newer PC with a cablecard capable tuner.

The cheapest option is the DCT-700 (also called Digital Adapter) for $3.99 / month.  Has no guide, VOD, or widgets and receives only the SD channels you are subscribed to (no HD cpability).  It has both composite video with L/R audio and RF outputs, but the RF output is mono audio only.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios