Huge problem programming DVR
Leah429

I have just recently converted to FiOS from Directv. So far it has not been a great experience. Although I left Direct because of the bad weather we had here in New England this past winter, I will say the user interface with Direct is by far more intuitive than with FiOS. Here is my problem: I have been trying to record a few shows for an entire season that have conflicts with other shows that I record. With Direct it was intuitive enough to just record a different showing when there was a conflict, with FiOS I have to change the preferences to state "first run & reruns" ok I can deal with that however the shows I am having problems with will not show up in the DVR schedule at all, and will not record. I have cancelled and reset multiple times to no avail. It show in Series Manager as a show I have set up but it does not show up in the scheduling portion as something in queue. I called Verizon and they said that they would de-activate and re-activate and see if that helps. All that did was wipe out my service completely and I had to call and wait on hold for another 20 minutes for someone to turn my service back on. I think they forgot to hit the "re-activate" button. All joking aside has anyone else experienced this problem. Would it have anything to do with the fact that the shows are "On Demand"? I have a friend who said that sometimes if the networks put in a wrong code, or set up the title wrongs the DVR would not recognize it. I am at my wits end. I hope I explained my problem well enough that someone could offer some assistance. Thank you very much

0 Likes
Re: Huge problem programming DVR
swollengoat
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Leah429 wrote:

I have just recently converted to FiOS from Directv. So far it has not been a great experience. Although I left Direct because of the bad weather we had here in New England this past winter, I will say the user interface with Direct is by far more intuitive than with FiOS. Here is my problem: I have been trying to record a few shows for an entire season that have conflicts with other shows that I record. With Direct it was intuitive enough to just record a different showing when there was a conflict, with FiOS I have to change the preferences to state "first run & reruns" ok I can deal with that however the shows I am having problems with will not show up in the DVR schedule at all, and will not record. I have cancelled and reset multiple times to no avail. It show in Series Manager as a show I have set up but it does not show up in the scheduling portion as something in queue. I called Verizon and they said that they would de-activate and re-activate and see if that helps. All that did was wipe out my service completely and I had to call and wait on hold for another 20 minutes for someone to turn my service back on. I think they forgot to hit the "re-activate" button. All joking aside has anyone else experienced this problem. Would it have anything to do with the fact that the shows are "On Demand"? I have a friend who said that sometimes if the networks put in a wrong code, or set up the title wrongs the DVR would not recognize it. I am at my wits end. I hope I explained my problem well enough that someone could offer some assistance. Thank you very much

I just switched from DTV myself a few weeks ago. The 'to do' scheduler will show a lower priority recording isn't going to record but fails to display that it is going to be recorded at a different time. It does, actually record though. I think the only reason it might not is the series setting about specific times. So far I haven't had any missed shows b/c it was lower priority than something else. 

0 Likes