Hulu and Verizon Authentication Is No Longer Working
zigamorph

I want to say that this process has been working flawlessly until the beginning of the month with coincides with the new release of the Verizon website redesign.  The feature I am specifically talking about is the authentication that Hulu has to do with providers so that Hulu users can watch Fox shows.  You can read more about it here:

http://www.hulu.com/support/article/20362238

As I mentioned previously this authentication that needs to happen, before Fox content can be watched, has been working flawlessly until a recent change on the Verizon side has broken it.  Here is the message that I receive back from Verizon when using my credentails to authenticate.  (the same credentials I use to login to the forum and view my account information)

The problem with this message is that I am a Hulu subscriber, because I wouldn't be able to get to this authentication window if I wasn't.  And why would Verizon care if I am a Hulu subscriber or not, the job of this form is to authenticate me so that I can watch Fox, not authenticate me as a Hulu user, that is Hulu's job.  In addition, I am a long time Prime subscriber for my TV package.  

When I call Hulu they say it is Verizon's problem, which I believe is the case given the formatting of the response message, the logo, and the copy right.  When I call Verizon support they have no idea what Hulu is, and I have to explain it to them, which obviously doesn't start the conversation off well.  And they say it isn't their problem, because they can't find the issue in their support database.  I have had a couple calls and web chats with the same exact result of them not being able to help me, because they can't find anything about Hulu in their system.

I am stuck and reaching out to the forum in hopes that there is a Verizon rep which can help me track this down.  Because I am not the only user experiencing this issue.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Hulu-Plus-and-Verizon-and-failures-oh-...

If you can me track this error message down I will be truly grateful.  

To continue, you will need to become a HULU subscriber. HULU is available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now.

Here is my plan info:

• FiOS TV Prime HD
  • FiOS Internet Speeds Up to 25 Mbps/25 Mbps
  • FiOS Digital Voice - Unlimited Plan

Thanks and please feel free to contact me if you want more information.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hulu and Verizon Authentication Is No Longer Working
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi zigamorph,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3
Moved for greater exposure
0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Zigamorph

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes