Hulu show availability
fosojedi

I switched to FIOS for TV because I was supposed to be able to get Hulu shows through the Verizon Fios.  However, every show that I have tried does not work.

I have tried Psych and So You Think You Can Dance.  Both are on networks that are in my plan.

So, anyone know what shows are available on Hulu through Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Hulu show availability
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hulu is totally independant of Verizon.

Meaning that I can get the same shows on Hulu regardless of who I use to access the Internet.
That being said, I have read that some people say they have problems with Hulu while on Verizon.

But I and my daughters have used Hulu on Verizon with no issues.

PJL
Master - Level 3

@fosojedi wrote:

I switched to FIOS for TV because I was supposed to be able to get Hulu shows through the Verizon Fios.  However, every show that I have tried does not work.

I have tried Psych and So You Think You Can Dance.  Both are on networks that are in my plan.

So, anyone know what shows are available on Hulu through Verizon?

Your Verizon subscription does get you access to Hulu shows.  With a Verizon subscription, you can indeed watch Hulu shows not available for free through your Verizon subscription the next day after they are broadcast in most cases.  You must have a Hulu account (which is free) first, and then when you log in you can get access by using the Verizon subscription.  The way I get there is I got to hulu.com, browse TV by networks, click on Fox (since that's where the show you looking for is shown), find the show I want, and then click on the "Learn more" link near the line "New episodes are available through participating TV providers on your computer the day after air."  You will be taken to another page that will allow you to sign into Hulu, then into Verizon, and then the shows will be unlocked.  Note that line that used to say "New episodes are available through participating TV providers on your computer the day after air." says "The latest episode made possible by Verizon." after you complete the login process.  Since I logged in once this way all I have to do is log into Hulu and do not have to re-enter my Verizon information.  This may vary for you, but it works consistently for me.

I think @CRobGauth may have been answering your question as if it were about network connectivity to Hulu, not the ability to login and see shows the next day after they were broadcast.

jimbo560

Would this same process or a similar one be used to access HBO-GO? I can access it on my computer, but can't figure out how to see it on the TV in the den.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jimbo560 wrote:

Would this same process or a similar one be used to access HBO-GO? I can access it on my computer, but can't figure out how to see it on the TV in the den.

HBOGo is only available over the web and on IOS and Android apps, not via the STB, and requires an HBO subscription.  A subset the HBO library is available through the STB VOD HBO area.

smucav
Enthusiast - Level 3
If you are a subscriber to one of the following participating TV providers, you can connect your account to Hulu and watch new episodes the day after they air on TV. https://secure.hulu.com/authenticate
0 Likes
Jacquie3

I subscribe to Hulu is it available like Netflix 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes