I can’t get the Ipad app to control my dvr
D1100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can’t get the Ipad app to control my dvr I get a error saying that I need to be on my home network but I can control the other box  fine 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can’t get the Ipad app to control my dvr
D1100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I fixed it. First I disconnected both cable boxes and uninstall the Fios app from the iPad then I reinstalled the Fios app and logged into the app. I clicked on the TV listing icon and then plug the DVR cable box power cord back in. as the box booted I kept clicking on the little remote control Icon on the right hand corner of the iPad after the box booted I kept repeating clicking on the remote control icon until it Finally worked. then I plug the power cord in for the other cable box. it still takes repeated tries every time I start using the app again but it dose work  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vonhanep547

I get the same problem and get an error message when I try to access the DVR from Verizon's web page.  I haven't been able to solve my problem or get any advice yet from Verizon or the Verizon Community.  One thing that did helo, however, is that I can "mirror" the iPad through Apple TV and use the HDTV as a big monitor for everything on my iPad, except for being able to access recorded programs on the DVR with the iPad app.  Apple TV costs $99 (plus one HDMI cable, not included) and is an excellent investment for expanding your network's capabilities.

0 Likes
D1100
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the iPad I get the following error when I click on the DVR icon

Network error

we are unable to process your request at this time. Please check your Wi-Fi connectivity and try again. If you are trying to perform a DVR function this may be related to your broadband home router. Please refer to the DVR FAQs for more information. If you continue to see this error, please user the Send Feedback feature in Setting and reference error code 201

and on the TV I get a pop-up that says

only mobile devices that are part of this household Fios account can access this set Top Box. Please try again using a mobile device that is part of this household.

I have reset ed the Fios router to factory setting and restarted the DVR box but I still can't get the iPad to control the DVR. the iPad will change the channel on the non dvr box and I can program the dvr on the web site but I can't get the iPad to control the DVR    

0 Likes
D1100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay I fixed it. First I disconnected both cable boxes and uninstall the Fios app from the iPad then I reinstalled the Fios app and logged into the app. I clicked on the TV listing icon and then plug the DVR cable box power cord back in. as the box booted I kept clicking on the little remote control Icon on the right hand corner of the iPad after the box booted I kept repeating clicking on the remote control icon until it Finally worked. then I plug the power cord in for the other cable box. it still takes repeated tries every time I start using the app again but it dose work  

0 Likes