Re: I have a non-authorized DVR! Why?
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Jim -- I sent you a message about your post.  Please get back to me when you're able.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi ccdedyo -- I apologize I'm just seeing your post about the DVR problems you've had.  I sent you a message if you're still having any issues.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

No secret smatzke, I've sent you a message so we can discuss whatever issues you might be having.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Karl_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi VZscreenname -- I got your message and have replied back to you.  Thanks!

0 Likes
pghpizzaman

I am ALSO receiving these issues for the first time on a ABC show I recorded last night.  I am SICK of Verizon....whether it's trying to replace the battery cover plates and being told I can only get one every 30 days AND I NEVER ASKED FOR ANYTHING N 5 YEARS.  Or the CRAP VOD where you can get HD but no 5.1 for the ungodly rental price....not worth it with Redbox at 1.10 each.  NOW you tell me that I cannot watch specific shows since they are blocked by the network and Verizon DOES NOT PUT MANY SHOWS IN ON-DEMAND EVER OR EVEN IN 24 HOURS like Comast did.

This is pathetic!

0 Likes
rfrankli

Seriously.  This just happened to me when trying to watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia tonight.  Someone else I know with the same equipment isn't having any problems.  **bleep**!

0 Likes
swedepie

Just after 12:01 am 11/01, I also got the same error message when trying to play David Letterman's Holloween show, "This service is not Authorized to record (or) playback."  This is the first time I've ever seen this message!

I doubt that it is a disk error.  Looking at the recent occurences of this message during the past week, I believe it is a software problem or the broadcaster, CBS, requested the restriction.  I can view the same show on a different DVR in my house.

VZ, this is your error.  Where do I get my refund on my service on my FIOS triple play?

0 Likes
Donnak3

Well I'm not alone here!   I'm having the same problem..just recorded that Ghost hunters live show,..which will not be repeated I'm sure since it was live....wanted to watch it tonight after work and I'm getting this unauthorized playback issue..the first I've ever seen this.  Ever since the upgrade to the way the box works..ie new guide etc, my box has been lagging and doesn't respond as well to the remote.  Anyone else having this issue?  Fast Forward doesn't stop when you hit play and same with rewind.   

Karl....me too..can you send me what ever info you sent the others to get my recording to play?? Thanks

0 Likes
rygs

I have experienced this a few time(NBC shows mostly but last night was NCIS LA on CBS.  Funny thing is NCIS worked which was recorded the hours previous and is a much higher rater show).  I assumed it was broadcast restriction until I came upon this thread since my show wasn't on demand yet.  This doesn't make sense that one week a show would be available in DVR then the next not.  Hoping its hardware as I am having other issue mentioned as well.  button clicks sometime lag, system just shutting off. Etc..

Karl, send me the info you are sending to everyone else.  I will be opening a ticket with Verizon.

0 Likes
Akhenaten1

I had the same issue on11/1/11 with a recording of GLEE on FOX.  It seems to have recorded but when I try and play it says not authorized.   I called and was also told Verizon only handles the equipment and it is the broadcaster or copyright.  Meanwhile my neighbor, also a fios customer, recorded and watched the same program.

Karl ..... can you help?

Thanks!

0 Likes