Re: I have a non-authorized DVR! Why?
VDarling

I had the same problem on 11/03 trying to watch Person of Interest (CBS). I had no problem accessing the previous night's episode of Criminal Minds, also on CBS, and I can watch every other show recorded today, even the ones recorded afte Person of Interest.

0 Likes
jayboyVz

WHY can't this mysterious "Karl" just post the solution instead of responding to everyone individually?

Is the problem because:

A)  The network (ABC)  won't allow playback , or

B)  The DVR is confused or has a bad spot on the disk

C)  Some  other DVR bug 

?

Please help,

Jay 

0 Likes
Lynnzie1

I recorded Dancing with the Stars last night on ABC 7; I attempted to play it and got the message: DVR Alert: this service is not authorized for playback or recording.  Verizon people, please help me fix the problem.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Karl posts that way because in most cases is something wrong with just one users setup.  The solution then varies and almost always envolves someone from Verizon having to fix.  The exception is when a large area has some sort of outage.

0 Likes
Jcronk23
I had the same isdue tonight when i had two SVU recordings and accidentally hit the play all feature. The hit stop and it locked the recordings with the same messages you all are getting. Surprisingly I couldnt play the single episode by itself HOWEVER I hit play all again and it let me watch each episode together. Seems the play all feature is something that can jack up episodes if you accidentally click it!!
0 Likes
doggonepc

@donnak wrote:

Well I'm not alone here!   I'm having the same problem..just recorded that Ghost hunters live show,..which will not be repeated I'm sure since it was live....wanted to watch it tonight after work and I'm getting this unauthorized playback issue..the first I've ever seen this.  Ever since the upgrade to the way the box works..ie new guide etc, my box has been lagging and doesn't respond as well to the remote.  Anyone else having this issue?  Fast Forward doesn't stop when you hit play and same with rewind.   

Karl....me too..can you send me what ever info you sent the others to get my recording to play?? Thanks

Off topic but I second this issue.  My DVR box just fails to respond readily ever since the software update under a month ago.  Oddly enough the remote units for multi room are perfomring better. Not to mention the new guide is awful too.

0 Likes
bbyboop1977
Well this is the first time this has happened to me. Recorded Greys anatomy last night 2/2/12 and now it's saying this service is not authorized for playback or recording. Played and recorded last weeks just fine. Recorded private practice which is on after Greys and played just fine. I'm also having the same problem with the dely with the controller. Please fix.
0 Likes
DePro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, same thing happened to me and I missed a show I really wanted to see.  I am thoroughly ticked off.  Why can't someone from Verizon say what is causing this?  My contract is up in a few days and I'll be changing companies if it isn't addressed.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I've had this happen to me before too, and I can't tell you if this is a universal fix, only that it worked for me.

Also I can't explain WHY it worked for me, but I know that it does work for me.

As silly as it sounds simple reboots don't appear to fix it and the auto correct feature has rarely if ever fixed it for me.  What I had to do was REBOOT my ROUTER first.   (odd, I know)   after I rebooted my router, I rebooted my set top box (unplugged the power for 30 seconds and back in) 

and then viola!  it worked.   I don't know if this will work for you, but give it a try.        I hope if this is a software bug, they get it fixed cuz it sure was annoying when I got it.

0 Likes
bbyboop1977
Well a week later and I record again Greys anatomy and guess what same thing happened again. It's not authorized to play. Why why why. It wouldn't be so bad if they would keep up with on demand and put the shows up the next day. Takes forever to update it.
0 Likes