I have been on hold for over 2 hours!
pk27

I haven't had HD channels for 3 days.  I have refreshed my set-top box multiple times.  This is ridiculous!  I will switch back to Comcast this weekend if I don't get resolution to this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have been on hold for over 2 hours!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

two things that you can try while waiting that sometimes helps when just missing a few channels.

Disconnect the coax from the stb and then reconnect it. A poor connection here can cause some channels not to show up or have tiling.

Then go into Menu-->Customer Support-->Settop box auto correction.

This will reset and refresh all the stb's. With any luck that will take care of the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried emailing or online chat instead?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If you give us a description of what is happening - we may be able to help you too.   We would want to know what model number the set top box is.  Look on the front display under the Verizon Logo.  it will say QIP 6416, 6200, 7100, 7216 etc....

0 Likes
pk27

I just did, if you mean using "Frank".  No help.  Plus, it isn't a live chat.  That would be nice!  Getting the same answer from Frank as from the set-box isn't helpful

0 Likes
pk27

I have now been on hold for 25 minutes and I called at 6:45am.  How is this possible that nobody is manning the phones?  I specifically called early hoping for a better response....

My set-box # is QIP7232 2

The description is this:  All channels work except for all of the HD channels.  Considering that I DVR shows from HD channels, I have now missed quite a few.  This has been going on for about 3 days.  I have refreshed my set-box multiple times.  Nothing changes.

0 Likes
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

Try resetting your DVR.

Menu > System Information > Enter the code 2617

The box will go through a resetting process.  It should finish within 3-4 minutes. 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

two things that you can try while waiting that sometimes helps when just missing a few channels.

Disconnect the coax from the stb and then reconnect it. A poor connection here can cause some channels not to show up or have tiling.

Then go into Menu-->Customer Support-->Settop box auto correction.

This will reset and refresh all the stb's. With any luck that will take care of the issue.

0 Likes
pk27

That did not work.

0 Likes
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is it all HD channels or just some that are not working?  I had a similar situation some time ago, but it was sporadic.  I finally traced it down to the coax connection from the ONT, which is in our laundry room.  It seems that a clothes hamper was pushed up against the cable where it connect to the ONT's coax output jack.  Moved the hamper, twisted the connection tighter, no more problem.  Had similar thing happen again when we relocated the TV in the room and had to extend the cable lenght using a coupler.  A few channels weren't there, same as the other time.  Tightened down the connectors, again solved the problem.  You may want to check that out.

0 Likes
marilynroman

Well, I've received a replacement DVD box for one I was having issues with and I'm also having problems with the replacement. Im on hold with tech support for 1 hour 9 minutes and counting.

0 Likes