Re: I have had FIOS for 5 days and I am already thinking of cancelling it.
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Techman, what has Verizon done to get this slow/poorly responding DVR box problem rectified?  You know it really makes Verizon's Top Notch - Super Duper Fast Fios Technology seem like a big JOKE.

Just this morning I had to call and request my 4th DVR box from VZ.  This time I was persistant that I wanted a new box not a refurbished box.

I'm sure the Fios Techonology is great but the equipment you send out is insufficient.

1) The DVR boxes do not have enough memory to keep up with mulitiple task, watching one channel, recording another and pulling up the guide.  The lag/slow response is absolutely unacceptable.

2) Stop sending your new customers someone elses junk box you've had returned to you.

Honestly whoever thought out this whole box process I hope has to go through every bit of frustration that we have with ours.

Message Edited by sosuzguy on 06-19-2009 07:49 AM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Sosuzguy,

I'm not sure why your having these problems I'll look into it........btw did you get your remote ordered?

0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
Remote ordered? you mean remote access to call forwarding?  NO it's not available.  I just got back from the Verizon Plus store and got a new DVR box but here we go again with another problem.  Since the old box is still showing up on verizon.com/fiostvcentral and it's the first one listed I can not access the new box on the webpage.  The last 2 DVR box exchanges took FOREVER before the old boxes disappeared.  How can I get this corrected?  Thanks
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

hmmm ok misread the note I'll have it put on in just a sec

Message Edited by Techman28 on 06-19-2009 02:24 PM
0 Likes