I lose Live Feed on the TV during power outage.
AHSBob

I have a generator that keeps my house powered when the local service drops.  The FIOS equipment in the house is included in the connection.  When the Line power goes out I have phone, internet, and "some" TV.  Everything works on the TV except the Live feed channels are not available.  This last outage was a line fuse right in front of my house; only three houses were affected, but the Live Feed dropped out until power was restored.  (It comes back as soon as the power does).  It's nice to have the connections I do have, but I want to watch the news in realtime.

0 Likes
Re: I lose Live Feed on the TV during power outage.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean by live feed channels? Are you refering to any channels on STB?

You have supplied power to ONT? And the router?

I have done that at my house when I lose power and everything works ok.

0 Likes
AHSBob

By "live feed" I mean any channel that is being transmitted in "real-time" - local TV channels / cable channels.  What I can do is see anything stored on the DVR, or the Video On Demand.  I can also see the channel guide; and if I call tech support they can access my STB to send a reset code (which accomplishes nothing).

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Are you sure your backup is providing power to both the router and the ONT (see CRobGauth's post)?

0 Likes
AHSBob

I assume so. I don't see any other source for power other than the battery back-up box - and it draws power from the generator during outages (the green System Status LED is the only one lit normally or when the generator is running)

0 Likes