I've had Verizon 5 days and my set top box has only worked 1 day – help?
folkvangr

I just moved and had Verizon installed on Saturday, and everything was going smoothly until Sunday when my set top box kept freezing. I contacted support and they rebooted it on their end and it worked. On Monday the set top box was in even worse shape, and wouldn't even show a picture of any kind. I spent about an hour on the phone with support trying all sorts of tests (every time it rebooted it would freeze on EPG Storage or whatever on the loadbar) and eventually the representative concluded the box was broken and he sent me a new one.

I installed the new box last night and followed the activation instructions exactly and everything was plugged in just as it was on the previous box. I was completely shocked when this box didn't work either! I rebooted it a bunch of times, and it either gave me a troubleshoot window or just as the last box it would freeze on EPG Storage during the startup process. Eventually the box wouldn't even show the correct time anymore so I gave up.

I'm gonna talk to support when I get home tonight, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how it was resolved? I'd really rather not waste another hour on the phone running tests only to conclude the box is "broken" (though honestly what are the chances TWO brand new boxes would both be faulty?), so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: I've had Verizon 5 days and my set top box has only worked 1 day – help?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi folkvangr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes