Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

I've had it with (lack of) quality from FIOS TV

rwtx63
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

I've had it with (lack of) quality from FIOS TV

Message 1 of 3
(578 Views)

Firstly, I've been a loyal FIOS customer for 9 years, and all my equipment is 9 years old. I have a Home phone, internet and Extreme HD package, which is NOT cheap. I have a "HD" DVR set top box that is so old it only puts out 720p.

I don't get all the channels I pay for, again because my cable boxes are to old. I've complained several times and gotten nowhere, except for Verizon to swap out my cable box with an IDENTICAL one.

Seems I have no other options than to get another provider.

2 REPLIES 2
roaddogg
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: I've had it with (lack of) quality from FIOS TV

Message 2 of 3
(537 Views)

@rwtx63 wrote:

Firstly, I've been a loyal FIOS customer for 9 years, and all my equipment is 9 years old. I have a Home phone, internet and Extreme HD package, which is NOT cheap. I have a "HD" DVR set top box that is so old it only puts out 720p.

I don't get all the channels I pay for, again because my cable boxes are to old. I've complained several times and gotten nowhere, except for Verizon to swap out my cable box with an IDENTICAL one.

Seems I have no other options than to get another provider.

I dont believe that they would give you the same old box. They arent even giving people old boxes anymore. All depending on the model # you might have to pay an upgrade fee though. Verizon was replacing some of the models for free though.

Your best bet is to go to a fios store and get the one you want.

hlppls
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: I've had it with (lack of) quality from FIOS TV

Message 3 of 3
(525 Views)

What is the model number on your dvr? If it is a QIP7232 or CHS435 there isn't a better box to give you

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title