I want to turn the new guide off
johnnyhottub

I don't like the guide popping up everytime I change the channel. If I want to view the guide I will hit "guide." Any way to turn that function off so I can flip channels without the guide? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to turn the new guide off
Justin46
Legend

@johnnyhottub wrote:

That is it... The channel information bar. I don't like it. Guess if it is standard for now I will hit the exit button like you suggest. I actually found it turned off on its own faster later last night so maybe they are playing with it at the mother ship. An option to set the time or to turn it off would be nice.

Unfortunately no. I have had that happen a few times, for a short while the time changes to maybe 2 seconds, and then it just goes back to 10. Verizon has acknowledged it is a known problem and presumably will be fixed in the next release of the IMG, expected to be called 1.9.1, availability hopefully some time in the first half of 2012 (I know people want it sooner to address some of the issues in 1.9, but the rollout for 1.9 is not yet finished so I don't see any way it will be in early 2012 - but what do I know, maybe Verizon will surprise us.)

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@johnnyhottub wrote:

I don't like the guide popping up everytime I change the channel. If I want to view the guide I will hit "guide." Any way to turn that function off so I can flip channels without the guide? Thanks.

I am not sure I understand what is happening for you. When I change channels, I get what I would call a "channel information screen" or "info bar" that covers approximately the bottom 1/3 of the picture? Is that what you are referring to? If so, that is the one item in the new IMG that really bothers me, it is too large and it stays on the screen too long, about 10 seconds. The only "solution", at least for now, is to hit the Exit button on the remote if you can't stand to wait the full 10 seconds. A pain, but I have sort of adapted to it, and generally now just let it display unless I am looking at a football game or something with action or info at the bottom of the screen that I really want to see.

I am hoping that Verizon will introduce in the next level of the IMG an option for us to set how long the info bar displays, with one option being Off.

If what you are seeing is something different, please give us a more complete description of what it is.

Keller, TX 76248  

0 Likes
johnnyhottub

That is it... The channel information bar. I don't like it. Guess if it is standard for now I will hit the exit button like you suggest. I actually found it turned off on its own faster later last night so maybe they are playing with it at the mother ship. An option to set the time or to turn it off would be nice.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@johnnyhottub wrote:

Unfortunately no. I have had that happen a few times, for a short while the time changes to maybe 2 seconds, and then it just goes back to 10. Verizon has acknowledged it is a known problem and presumably will be fixed in the next release of the IMG, expected to be called 1.9.1, availability hopefully some time in the first half of 2012 (I know people want it sooner to address some of the issues in 1.9, but the rollout for 1.9 is not yet finished so I don't see any way it will be in early 2012 - but what do I know, maybe Verizon will surprise us.)

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes