I was mislead by FIOS Installer today
yorkiegirl12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had FIOS installed today (Triple Play) and my small kitchen TV is not HD.  When I asked why it wasn't full screen as it preiously was for 14 years with Comcast, I was told it was because I was viewing a commercial.  Well when he left, every channel does not fill the screen on my small kitchen TV, whether a network channel, or any other channel including commercials.  I was misled.  A customer service rep tried to help me over the phone but could not resolve the issue.  I feel I should have been told at the time of install and maybe I  could have had some other options like a different cable or a different set top box, etc.  I was not afforded this opportunity.  To whom can I make this formal complaint and have my issue resolved?

0 Likes
Re: I was mislead by FIOS Installer today
jonjones1
Legend

This should be a simple fix. In cable their set top boxes has a setup menu.

in this menu there is a screen resolution and it can be set to 780, 1080 etc. and higher set it to the highest.

there is also a ratio setting. Set it to the different ratios until your tv is showing up as filled in.

sorry I cannot help further since I don’t have Fios tv just internet. But that is the way I set up my tv’s years ago with cable. Should be the same procedure with Fios tv.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want more specific help then...

Please provide more SPECIFIC information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model No. ?

Set Top Box ?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@TomH309wrote:

If you want more specific help then...

Please provide more SPECIFIC information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model No. ?

Set Top Box ?

My post is not showing?

funny I thought I responded early this morning to the original poster.

forum is probably playing games again with my posts. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You suggested OP try different resolutions (720, 1080, etc).

OP stated TV was not HD (ie SD).

So resolutions won't make a difference.
Therefore, understanding what model TV and STB will help in correcting the issue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

You suggested OP try different resolutions (720, 1080, etc).

OP stated TV was not HD (ie SD).

So resolutions won't make a difference.
Therefore, understanding what model TV and STB will help in correcting the issue.

Yep I read the post. I also know that even on old tv’s the (not the ones with the adjustment knobs) the cable boxes had a setting that stretched or filled in the screen.

now the poster also said under their old cable service the tv did not have this issue.

so there must be a setting to show full screen. Which is common sense. If they could view it full screen before. 

0 Likes