Re: Release 1.7 in NY
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3
Based on previous updates of IMG 1.7, perhaps that is very good news that it looks the same. The real question is whether the HDMI issues have been resolved. I've read some notes from other customers indicating that on-screen caller ID was planned for the IMG 1.7 release as well. Perhaps you can report back with a list of new features and issues based on your experience with the latest update.
0 Likes
michelliot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, was watching a movie and right at the climax, 1.7 began downloading.  I had to wait 15 minutes to find out who did it.  At 4:30 this morning I was not happy.  Anyways, I saw a few additions to the pre-existing system like the full program discription after the second click on INFO.  I still would have like to have seen a star system incorporated in the reviews.

What I immediately noticed is that any of the guides, as a full guide or even the info on the bottom when changing channels, is in a STRETCHED 4:3 format.  I'd actually prefer a normal full screen or the normal 4:3 format.  Is there any way to rectify this?  I haven't really explored any of the settings.  Does anyone else see the same issue.

Thanks and be well,

elliot

0 Likes
michelliot
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I began reading on, I see that this stretch issue is not new or isolated.  Boy, I hope this doesn't last too long?  I guess we'll get used to it for a while.  No choice.

HEY FIOS, I would still love to see a star rating system incorporated in the next upgrade.  I'm sure I'm missing some descent flicks.  I know I've viewed some awful ones.

Thanks,

elliot

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I have a Samsung LED 7100 series and prior to the upgrade the HDMI port worked fine and after the upgrade the HDMI port still works fine.  I am using the HDMI cable provided with the STB.

Because my box is a 6416 the guide looks the same.  If it wasn't for the notice VZ placed on the screen when pressing guide I never would have known the update occurred.  

I do NOT have Verizon Phone service so I am unable to see CID on the TV.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The streatch guide is in prepreaton for the new HD guide that is supposed to be out with the next release. Currently this only affects the 7xxx series boxes.

The on screen caller ID is only if you have what Verizon is calling their "Digital Voice". This is not available in all area's yet, but if you do have the Digital Voice, then the onscreen caller Id is either there or will be in the near future.

the 1.7 is not supposed to make many noticiable changes, its mostly to fix the HDMI issues and such. There are some minor changes to the guide but not a lot.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@spacedebris wrote:

The streatch guide is in prepreaton for the new HD guide that is supposed to be out with the next release. Currently this only affects the 7xxx series boxes.

The on screen caller ID is only if you have what Verizon is calling their "Digital Voice". This is not available in all area's yet, but if you do have the Digital Voice, then the onscreen caller Id is either there or will be in the near future.

the 1.7 is not supposed to make many noticiable changes, its mostly to fix the HDMI issues and such. There are some minor changes to the guide but not a lot.

FYI people in Texas have reported here and on other forums that the new callier ID does NOT require the digital voice service.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I use Vonage.  Not sure how CID would display on the TV.

0 Likes
img 1.7
tampavol

when is florida going to get img 1.7?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

FYI people in Texas have reported here and on other forums that the new callier ID does NOT require the digital voice service.

PJL, you are absolutely correct. I have Caller ID on TV and I most certainly do not have Digital Voice, I have Verizon Freedom Essentials. However, I do believe that Verizon Call Assistant is also required if you do not have Digital Voice (I don't know this for sure, but I do have VCA).

As to differences in 1.7 vs. 1.6.2, I really don't see any. But then again I have had 1.7 since late Sept. when Verizon first rolled out the initial version of 1.7.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
teegrooving
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Baltimore Maryland. Does anyone know when we will get 1.7?

0 Likes