Re: Release 1.7 in NY
Jeff1512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a way to turn the caller ID on the TV on and off? 

0 Likes
Re: Release 1.7 in NY
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Yes, it's in the Settings menu, but not all areas have it yet.

0 Likes
Re: IMG 1.7 Experience
pfeifler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone know when the 1.7 will be made available in VA?  Just curious to know if 1.7 will fix any of the hdmi issues with my Sony XBR4.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
demonstr8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone have any idea how many months Verizon has been working to resolve the HDMI issue?

0 Likes
Who else is rebooting their STBs daily since getting IMG 1.7?
scorp081
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who else is part of the STB reboot party since getting IMG 1.7?

Ever since IMG 1.7 my two QIP2500-3 require an online reset, In Home Agent reboot, or an unplugging every ~24 hours or they lose the IMG data, Widgets, and VOD. They both show valid IP addresses, the DHCP lease isn't expired, and all other internet connected devices in the home are fine.

Over on DSL Forums in the Verizon Direct forum one VZ tech said Level-II support has isolated the issue, but it may require a hot fix to repair it. How many others are affected? It's a bit annoying. 😕

0 Likes
Re: Who else is rebooting their STBs daily since getting IMG 1.7?
scorp081
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
scorp081
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue persists with 2500s losing connectivity every 24 hours for numerous people. As I understand it Verizon Level-II support is aware of the issue and it will require a hot-fix, but it would be nice to get a confirmation here and a possible ETA of resolution.

0 Likes
raugust55
Enthusiast - Level 2

When does WNY get this update? I spoke to the Verizon tech (via the phone) on 12-30-09 and she was clueless, She thought we already had it (I still have version 1.6.2) She also stated that you did not have to have either digital voice or the option with voice mail capabilities. She stated that you just had to be a subscriber of Verizon landlines service and have fiber optic service to your house!! That is what she said (several times actually). Again, I have had this service since its inception in this are (about a year) and am totally unimpressed with all aspects (TV, Broadband, Cell Service and their overpriced and under optioned landlines service) of their products.

0 Likes
maxp

Is anyone seeing problems with the 1.7 release with Tivo's not recording the right channel?   Until the winter, my Tivo has never had a problem changing channel and recording.   Now, some time this winter, it suddenly started missing a channel, or skipping to an adjacent channel.   It seems it might be to do with this new software update, but I wonder are others seeing this?  Is there anything we can do about it?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@maxp wrote:

Is anyone seeing problems with the 1.7 release with Tivo's not recording the right channel?   Until the winter, my Tivo has never had a problem changing channel and recording.   Now, some time this winter, it suddenly started missing a channel, or skipping to an adjacent channel.   It seems it might be to do with this new software update, but I wonder are others seeing this?  Is there anything we can do about it?

IMG 1.7 has absolutely nothing to do with TIVO.  It is the version of the firmware that the Verizon supplied Motorola STBs use for guide display and operation.  If you are missing channels or skippinjg channels, then the probelm is either in the TIVO or with the programming of the cable card (which is not related to the IMG in any way, shape, or form).  If it consistently skips the same channels it is most likely something with the cable card.  If it is inconsistent, then it is most likely a problem with the TIVO.

0 Likes