IMG 1.9.1..channel guide is WAY too dark!
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

My STB reset about 15 minutes ago, and I figured that this was the new IMG updating. Sure enough, shows 1.9.1 now.

But there's a problem. The channel guide is way too dark now. The color scheme is HORRIBLE. I've looked through all the settings, and there's no option I can find to lighten the background. As it stands now, I have a dark gray-blue background. Much of the text in a movie/tv show description is a dark gray, and it's very difficult to read. When looking at the guide, the channel I am on is listed, on the left as before (example, a big dark gray box with "899 HBO HD"). Well, the boxes above and below are small with the same dark gray, and if I didn't know what they were from the sequencing, I couldn't read them. The EPIX logo is dark gray and orange, and the dark gray portion disappears into the gray background. Doesn't anybody test these color schemes out before releasing them? I can't be the only one that thinks the guide looks awful now. 

BTW, a few good changes. The LED Brightness option is really nice, and I also appreciate being able to remove all the recent deleted programs at once, instead of having to delete them one by one. 

Please look into this. The last channel guide was clear. This new one is a train wreck. 

Re: IMG 1.9.1..channel guide is WAY too dark!
PJL
Master - Level 3

@candcgregory wrote:

My STB reset about 15 minutes ago, and I figured that this was the new IMG updating. Sure enough, shows 1.9.1 now.

But there's a problem. The channel guide is way too dark now. The color scheme is HORRIBLE. I've looked through all the settings, and there's no option I can find to lighten the background. As it stands now, I have a dark gray-blue background. Much of the text in a movie/tv show description is a dark gray, and it's very difficult to read. When looking at the guide, the channel I am on is listed, on the left as before (example, a big dark gray box with "899 HBO HD"). Well, the boxes above and below are small with the same dark gray, and if I didn't know what they were from the sequencing, I couldn't read them. The EPIX logo is dark gray and orange, and the dark gray portion disappears into the gray background. Doesn't anybody test these color schemes out before releasing them? I can't be the only one that thinks the guide looks awful now. 

BTW, a few good changes. The LED Brightness option is really nice, and I also appreciate being able to remove all the recent deleted programs at once, instead of having to delete them one by one. 

Please look into this. The last channel guide was clear. This new one is a train wreck. 

+1 -- horrible color scheme!  An no gradiant!  How old school can you get.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

"You guys can never just say I look nice, can you...."

yours truly,

Interactive Media Guide 1.9 (formerly IMG 1.9)

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Dear IMG 1.9.1:

Actually I said you looked great when you were 1.9.  Now you look old and tired, and in a bad mood with no energy.

Sincerely,

Signed:  Someone who's trying to get used to this awful change knowing that he's stuck with.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

lol

0 Likes
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

IMG 1.9.1, I thought you were great when you were a wee 1.9. Now that you've grown up, I just don't know. You're too dark....almost...brooding. Like you're channeling your inner James Dean. it doesn't work for you.

Cheer up...just a little bit, and maybe then I'll be able to read you without having to get out of bed.

0 Likes
Drew_from_Dover
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, but I like the colors as they now are. The old guide had the dark colors but the layout was weak. The one after had a good layout but looked like a cartoon. Now they have IMHO the right colors in the right layout.

I like it. Smiley LOL

As always IMHO so YMMV.

0 Likes
amdajo

Totally agree!  Way too dark!  Also, the guide switches to "All Channels" each time you bring it up, even if you press option and select  "favorites 1", the next time you press "guide" it brings up "All Channels" again.  In the previous version you could set the guide to only show your "Favorites" channels and it would stay that way.  Am I missing something here?

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, I am having the same problems with the favorite channels not staying.

I also think the new guide is too dark. Just looks like they put a tint on everything.

0 Likes
l1willia1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed, this is way too dark.  

When I had cable, the box allowed you to make adjustments.  Why do they have it one for all with no flexibility?

0 Likes