Re: IMG 1.9.1..channel guide is WAY too dark!
tns
Master - Level 2

@Robynf wrote:

It's terrible. Along with the guide being too dark, the HD channels are no longer HD. The resolution is ruined...CHANGE IT BACK!

On hte resolution, sounds like your settings are screwed up.  Some others had the same.  Go back in to settings and make sure your screen types menu types are correct.

0 Likes
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

Any one remember when IMG 1.9 came out, people were complaing about guide to be WAY TOO LIGHT? Now its too dark for others..

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Clearly they will never please everyone, not even if they offer multiple choices.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I like one of the new available settings allowing us to set the description bar at the bottom to automatically close faster.  Instead of the standard 8 seconds, we can set it to 2 seconds or even 0 seconds.  No more having to hit exit to get rid of it every time I change the channel.  That is very much appreciated!  They also fixed the issue on the SD boxes where the current channel wouldn't pop up when hitting guide (it would start two channels from the current channel when using favorites).  It seems to run a little faster on the SD box too, but I haven't played around with it much to confirm.  Admittedly, this higher contrast is easier to read on the SD box on my small bedroom TV, but had gotten used to the 1.9 guide version on the HD box.

0 Likes
donshisler

The colors are terrible and dark. How do I change them?

0 Likes
savant1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I prefer the new darker guide and was never a big fan of the previous light blue color.

Are the people that find it difficult to read using the HD guide on an SD TV? This can be changed in the STB settings if that is the case..same color though.