IMG 1.9 Rollout has begun! Post your VHO here when updated!
Cuseguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My VHO 15A - Syracuse, rolled over to IMG 1.9 last night! I also am pretty certain VHO 15 did too. So the rollout of 1.9 has now officially started. Good job Verizon and really good job picking 15A first!

Re: IMG 1.9 Rollout has begun! Post your VHO here when updated!
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Do you now Verizon schedule for downloading 1.9?  What states gonna get it first? How long it's gonna take for them to roll out for every Verizon customer?

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

We got it this morning in VHO 14, Central PA.

So far it looks good.  Only two minor complaints that maybe someone can address here:

1.  I noticed that you can finally just look at your subscribed channels in the Guide Menu.  When you go into Guide, you can hit the Options button.  One of the options is to just view subscribed channels.  However, when I exit Guide, and go back in, it reverts back to all channels.  Does anyone know how, and if you can, make subscribed channels the default?  I looked in Settings and could not find anything.  I was also able to set Subscribed channels in the Mode screen, but I am not sure how to keep it in the Mode view.

2.  Some of the screens seem smaller than before.  For instance, I went into my DVR settings this morning to extend a program to record an extra five minutes.  When I did that, the screen that came up seemed really small.  Any way to make it bigger?

As I said, these are minor issues, especially the second one.  I would like to see if we are able to make subscribed channels the default.  Overall, I am pleased so far.

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:

We got it this morning in VHO 14, Central PA.

So far it looks good.  Only two minor complaints that maybe someone can address here:

1.  I noticed that you can finally just look at your subscribed channels in the Guide Menu.  When you go into Guide, you can hit the Options button.  One of the options is to just view subscribed channels.  However, when I exit Guide, and go back in, it reverts back to all channels.  Does anyone know how, and if you can, make subscribed channels the default?  I looked in Settings and could not find anything.  I was also able to set Subscribed channels in the Mode screen, but I am not sure how to keep it in the Mode view.

2.  Some of the screens seem smaller than before.  For instance, I went into my DVR settings this morning to extend a program to record an extra five minutes.  When I did that, the screen that came up seemed really small.  Any way to make it bigger?

As I said, these are minor issues, especially the second one.  I would like to see if we are able to make subscribed channels the default.  Overall, I am pleased so far.

1 - In the menu under settings you should be able to set the default guide (subscribed, favorties, etc.)

2 - No, there is no way to change the size of a screen. 

FYI -  you can now extend a recording which is in progress (new for 1.9).

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I hear people on here discussing the new 1.9 IMG update, Wish is great news as I've been one of those many people who have been waiting for it, but I also hear people talking about the VHO#. Where do I find that # at for myself?

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

VHO is Video Hub Office.  Basically, this is where the tv signals into your home come from.  Sort of like the regional office that receives the signals from Verizon.

If you go into settings, under system information, you will see VHO ID and a four digit number.  The last two digits are your VHO.  If you do a Google search for Verizon VHO's, you will see a list of them to find out what each one covers.

I looked under Settings and still can't find where you can set subscribed channels as the default.  Anyone know where?

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MiMeQu wrote:

I looked under Settings and still can't find where you can set subscribed channels as the default.  Anyone know where?

OK - it's not obvious, so here goes:

MENU => SETTINGS => TELEVISION => LAST VIEWED GUIDE STATE => ENABLE

Now go to the guide and set the mode for SUBSCRIBED.  It should now remember the last set mode and use that as the "default".

Sorry fior the earlier simplistic post as I wasn't able to navigate the screens to give the exact process and my memory was not fully accurate.  Hope that solves your issue.

piotrek931
Enthusiast - Level 2

When is it coming to NYC? 

0 Likes
MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Keyboards,

Thank you for the information.  I will give it a try to tonight.

It is nice to have that feature, but that seems to be a convoluted way to set how the Guide menu works.  With my former TV provider, all that you had to do was simply select from a menu how you wanted your Guide to look. 

Oh well.  It is nice that this feature has finally come to Fios.

MiMeQu21
Contributor - Level 3

Keyboards,

Just wanted to update.  Your suggestion worked.  It now stays on subscribed channels.  Again, I will say that this seems to be a very round about way that Verizon chose to allow you to keep a default setting for the Guide channels.  But, at least we have that option.  Thanks again.