Re: IMG 1.9 release notes and discussion thread
gitwe

Becky,

Can you please address the issue of those of us who have older models... some of us pay way too much money to Vz (yes, it might sound crazy, but I have 4 DVRs) and we need to know what needs to be done to get the latest models that will take advantage of these new features.  I have been holding off going back to DTV waiting  for these features.. espcially the external HD capabilities, despite numerous calls from DTV asking me to go back to them.

0 Likes
bighap

Will former Verizon Fios customers that are now on Frontier Fios receive these updates?

0 Likes
aguptaweb

Agreed with the others about swapping 6 series boxes for the new ones that support all features. How do we get this done?

0 Likes
25nwood

We also received the IMG 1.9 update today.  Great new features but now settop box (Motorola Non-DVR HD box) is not responding to the remote controls. We have tried rebooting the settop box but no luck.  Anyone else having a problem with the remote controls? And yes new batteries and multiple remotes.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@25nwood wrote:

We also received the IMG 1.9 update today.  Great new features but now settop box (Motorola Non-DVR HD box) is not responding to the remote controls. We have tried rebooting the settop box but no luck.  Anyone else having a problem with the remote controls? And yes new batteries and multiple remotes.

Have you tried pulling the STB power plug for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in? Worth a try if you haven't.

Keller, TX 76248

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MrKal_El wrote:

Soooooo... with 1080p support... Will we finally get 1080p content? Specifically ONDemand like Dish. It actually is a Big difference.

The 7xxx series have always supported 1080p.  So AFAIK there are no current plans for adding VOD 1080p (nothing was mentioned about this to the beta testers. 

It would not be supported by the 6xxxx series boxes so until they are retired from service I would not expect any 1080p content (it is also rumored that this is the last IMG update that the 6xxx boxes will be able to even partially support) .  This is a guess on my part and keep in mind that this is a user to user forum so I could also be totally wrong.

25nwood

Tried that too, still having problems.  Must press RC button 3-4 times before the set top box will acknowledge the RC.  TV works on 1st try. RC's worked perfectly up until new release today.

0 Likes
Lina1

Verizon, I love your service but absolutely HATE this guide update. It may look nice in the screen shots online or on a widescreen HD TV but on my decently large older TV it is entirely awful. I can't read the program names as easily and find that the interface now doesn't suit my needs like the previous one. If there were a way to choose which guide to view that would be amazing. That way those who enjoy the new guide could keep it but those like me who find it to be an very bad set up can have the old guide.

0 Likes
SoCalColleen
Enthusiast - Level 1
Both of the 2 DVR's we have are model 6416-2. I have seen several people post questions regarding if it will be possible to trade in these for the newer 7xxx 1.9-capable boxes. I haven't seen an answer, I apologize if this has already been addressed, but will it be possible to trade in the 6416's for the newer models that fully implement these new changes? I for one would most be interested in the addition of external HDD's to increase the DVR recording sizes. Recording in HD really fills up the DVR quickly!
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

People with 6416's that want to upgrade, should be doing so at www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral 

Log in at that website and then click on my tv and then set top boxes, and on the right, you'll see a banner ad that says want more from your DVR or something to that affect. 

fill out the info and you'll get an email with a link for the upgrade.

0 Likes