IPC1100 own router - MOCA adapter

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

IPC1100 own router - MOCA adapter

Message 1 of 3
(768 Views)

Hi everyone,

I need some help here. I currently have FIOS gigabit with FIOS TV and phone.   I have my own router setup with UniFi Dream Machine Pro (UDM-Pro) and a 24-Port managed PoE switch.  I have the internet up and running with no issues. 

ONT Cat6  -> UDM-Pro -> USW-24-POE 

However my issue is with the FIOS TV.  I tired using the FIOS G1100 router but after sometime trying to set up in bridge mode I gave up and just go a actiontec ecb6200 MOCA adapter.  I was able to get the VMS1100 to work right away with VOD and TV guide all working.  However I can't get the remote STB IPC1100's to see the media server.  I get a message "Unable to connect to Media server"  

My setup is 

ONT Coax -> 4 way Splitter ->

Split 1 -  actiontec ecb6200 -> VMS1100 -  This is working VOD and TV guide

Split 2- IPC1100 - not working.  I tired adding a second actiontec ecb6200 here but also didn't work. 

** Note the ecb6200 is also connected to a port on the switch to get the internet working. 

From the network switch I am able to see both the VM1100 and the IPC1100 and they both have a IP on the same subnet 192.168.80.X 

Any help would be great.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Re: IPC1100 own router - MOCA adapter

Message 2 of 3
(657 Views)

When you have a DVR, the general rule is that a Verizon primary router is required.

G1100's NAT speed and throughput speed are fine. You can put your router behind G1100 with double NAT.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: IPC1100 own router - MOCA adapter

Message 3 of 3
(607 Views)

There are a number of people who have a setup without the Verizon router.  Really don't want to have the G1100 in the setup

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.