Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

IR Extender AND front receiver together?

PeteKottmann
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

IR Extender AND front receiver together?

Message 1 of 3
(959 Views)

Will the STB IR receiver work when an extender is added?

My Objective: I have TWO televisions connected to one STB. One is located in the Living Room and other in Master Bedroom. They back-up to one another on a common wall. Since we only watch one at a time, I added a HDMI splitter so we can continue to watch a show in the bedroom.

Tech provided an extender and works fine from bedroom, but when plugged-in it seems to disable my ability to control the STB when in the living room. Is there a way to get BOTH IR receivers to work? If the front receiver becomes disabled when extened is added, can I add a splitter and second extender so I can control STB from either room?

Thanks

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: IR Extender AND front receiver together?

Message 2 of 3
(942 Views)

My experience is that the STB front panel IR sensor is disabled when you plug in the extender cable to the rear of the box.  I sure wish it wasn't!

PeteKottmann
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: IR Extender AND front receiver together?

Message 3 of 3
(899 Views)

I am finding when IR extender is plugged in, the unit sensor nolonger works. So my question is there any way to make it work; OR, does anyone know if I can use a splitter/y-adapter on the extender itself and simply add/use two sensors from the port?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.