Importing series from the cloud to a Media Server - VMS1100

Importing series from the cloud to a Media Server - VMS1100

Highlighted
Contributor lmaried62
Contributor
Message 11 of 14
(2,480 Views)

Replying to dvrbeta.

Thank you so much for the "cold init" info.  that saved me months of reviewing the Guide to find series i would have lost. 

Ask for the "cold init" folks. The phone techs may not know about it or offer it but it works!

Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV
Message 12 of 14
(2,070 Views)

Just installed and activated our new Quantum TV boxes.  I too missed the fact that there is no Import From Cloud menu choice.  Before I resigned myself to being doomed to re-creating our favorites list, etc, I searched and found this thread.

So I called Verizon tech support and without much delay I got through to a tech.  I described my problem and asked him to do a cold init.  He said he could do that, but it isn't necessary.

Instead of the cold init he had me go to the Menu and select Settings > System Information.  Once there I he had me key in 2618 and presto....a menu came up asking me if I wanted to import settings from another box.

I chose the name of my previous DVR STP and in about 15 seconds, the import was complete.  And it works!

I'm a happy camper and figured I'd add to this thread in the hope it may save someone else some grief in the future.

Highlighted
Contributor Akuma1093
Contributor
Message 13 of 14
(254 Views)

Appreciate that. That worked perfectly.  I knew there was a Code but I lost it over the Years.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator
Message 14 of 14
(243 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.