Switch Account

Improved IMG data from TV Guide?

Improved IMG data from TV Guide?

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 1 of 6
(4,846 Views)

I'm not yet sure that it is any better, and the DVR functionality is severely stilted as routinely pointed out on these fora, but I see a flicker of hope for improvement:  Am I the only one who has noticed a "TV Guide" logo on the IMG display?  Can this be a sign that the IMG data may be more accurate?  I'm cautiously optimistic, but keeping a healthy skepticism until I've allowed it to prove itself.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(4,843 Views)

@CapnTrips wrote:

I'm not yet sure that it is any better, and the DVR functionality is severely stilted as routinely pointed out on these fora, but I see a flicker of hope for improvement:  Am I the only one who has noticed a "TV Guide" logo on the IMG display?  Can this be a sign that the IMG data may be more accurate?  I'm cautiously optimistic, but keeping a healthy skepticism until I've allowed it to prove itself.

Sorry, but that logo has been there for years. I believe it is required by copyright laws.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 6
(4,838 Views)

Really?!  I never noticed it before.  Just wishful thinking on my part, I suppose.

Oh well, I'll keep on hoping.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 6
(4,830 Views)

Here is a link to one of many threads at DSLReports on the TV Guide logo presence: Link

Note that the thread is from early 2009 and in the last post matcarl says the logo has been there about a year. I think it has been there longer, I know there is a thread there from 2007 that talks about the logo being present.

But we can still hope, right??? Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 5 of 6
(4,807 Views)

Rovi (formerly Macrovision / Gemstar, owner of TVGuide) holds the patents on the electronic program guide.   In order to implement an electronic program guide, Verizon -- like other cable, satellite, and CE companies -- had to license those patents.  That patent licensing agreement required providers to add a TVGuide logo to their interface.

The TVGuide logo has nothing whatsoever to do with the program guide data.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 6
(4,767 Views)

Here is a thread for Nov 08, I thought it was something new back then.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Guide-Enhancements/m-p/6890#M3557

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.