In Home Agent for Mac
jgeracitano
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recentlt tried running IHA for Mac and it tells me it is available to Verizon customers only.  Ok that is obvious.  Then it tells me I need to be connected through a FiOS or High Speed Internet connection which I am.  I am also at wits end.  Anyone have info or suggestions?  Thanks. 

Re: In Home Agent for Mac
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

We apologize for the issues you're experiencing with In Home Agent.  I'd like to assist you, I've sent you a private message, please respond when you have an opportunity.  Thanks

0 Likes
hobbes2

I have been having the same problem.  I was under the impression that the InHomeAgent for Mac (Version 7.09.22) was currently functional.  While I do have a connected PC, and have used the InHomeAgent through Windows, I would like to use it on my Mac, since it is my main computer.  Please advise.

0 Likes
chicane27

Hey, Ian_VA or any other folks, I have a new problem. I'm running Snow Leopard, and just launched in-home agent 7.09.22.

Most of the app looks and works fine. I've used it before without a problem.

However, I am trying to order a replacement Fios TV remote control, and when I navigate to the screen where I believe I should be able to click to order the remote, the buttons are missing and there are fields with question marks in their place. 

The page shows four steps and says "Simply click "I need a new remote". I'm sure it should be on the screen, but I'm not getting a complete screen.

Bottom line, there's nothing to click, just two mystery boxes with question marks where the click-box should be.

Any thoughts? Java issue? Browser issue? (though I'm not using a browser since it's a stand-alone app.)

Thanks for your thoughts.

0 Likes
ldtuttle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem.  The IHA doesn't have any options to configure it when it downloads so I'm not sure how to configure.  I am a FiOS customer and have tried running the system connected to the router and wirelessly with the same results, "In order to use In-Home Agent, you need to be connected through a Verizon FiOS or High-speed Internet connection."

I see this question in the blog however there is only a request for a private session.  If there is a fix please post it to the blog so we can all use the information.

My system configuration is

MacBook Pro

OSX 10.6.8

Thanks

0 Likes
Teknowiztx
Enthusiast - Level 1

May want to check if you have clicktoflash installed, or have installed the most current version of flash.  I understand Apple is no longer including it in their installs.

mmumma

I also need help with In Home Agent.  I started out trying to fix my probem with remote DVR not working, but now I cannot even get in home agent working (which always worked previously).  It seems to think I am not a Verizon customer or am not connected via FIOS.  I tried a chat and after an hour of the support person trying to install the Windows version of In Home Agent on my computer I had to hang up.  I tried to call tech support and they directed me to a URL which does not exist.  I'm about at wits end and ready to quit the whole Verizon FIOS scene because this tech support is so ridiculous.  Three hours tonite and I am farther away from a solution than I was when I started.   Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
shpils

when i run the program it says i must be a customer and connected to verizon fios network.  i am doin that on both.

0 Likes