Switch Account

Incorrect Aspect Ratio CHS 345HDC

Incorrect Aspect Ratio CHS 345HDC

Contributor vardamancf
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(313 Views)

I am having a problem with a new HDTV I just bought (Sony KDL55W900A) and I believe it has something to do with the signal coming from the STB.  I cannot get a full screen image from the STB unless the Screen mode on the TV is set to "Full".  Sadly, I wouId rather not use the "Full" option because this stretches the image causing distortions.  I would much rather use the "Normal" setting which I used for the Screen setting for my Blu-Ray player.

In the Video Setting menu, I have set the STB (CHS 345HDC) to output 1080i as well as the "Native" option.  I have the STB set to 16:9.  This results in a rather compressed image in 4:3.  I can stretch the image with the "Full" screen setting on my TV, but I noticed that this introduces artifacts in the picture and is not a true HD signal.

Just to get the obvious iut of the way, I have tried two different HDMI cords and the original component cables I got from the instilllation.

Is there a way to get the STB to output a full HD signal so I do not have to stretch the image?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.