Info bar at bottom of screen lags behind when changing channels
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

Since day one (about 2 months now) i notice only on our 2 hd boxes that frequently when changing channels the info bar is temporarily stuck if you pause for a few seconds it will jump to whatever channel you stopped on but even if you go up or down slowly it still will stick from time to time. it is getting very annoying and i still have some com*^*^ lag as far as calling customer service is concerned so i thought i would give this a shot.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Info bar at bottom of screen lags behind when changing channels
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

well hot **bleep** we finally got the IMG update and it fixed the problem only took 5 months at least its fixed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

That is a known issue. It happens for some people on some STBs, not for others (I have never experienced it on my QIP6416 DVR, for example). Hopefully there will be a fix for the problem in the not too distant future. Perhaps someone from Verizon will be willing to comment here, but I suggest you try to be patient for just a little while longer....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It is suppose to be fixed in the next update that is coming out.
0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

To confirm,  we are aware of the issue referenced above and a fix has been implemented in the next IMG release.

0 Likes
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great

When will this IMG release happen? soon i hope!!

0 Likes
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT BUT HERE WE ARE 12/6 GOING ON 4 MONTHS AND NOTHING NO UPDATE AND STILL I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS I TRIED CALLING CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND THE PERSON I SPOKE TO KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS EVEN THOUGH IN THIS VERY POST I WAS TOLD IT IS A "KNOWN ISSUE" HE HAD ME UNPLUGGING THINGS RESETTING THINGS AND IN THE END SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE A TECH COME OUT BECAUSE I MUST HAVE A WIRING PROBLEM AT WHICH TIME I TOLD HIM I PAY FOR WIRE MAINTENANCE SO WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY HE TOLD ME I DO NOT HAVE THE INSIDE PLAN EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR IT SINCE DAY 1!!!!!!!

NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS IS VERY ANNOYING NOW I READ IN ANOTHER POST WE SHOULD BE GETTING THE NEW IMG 12/8 I WON'T BE HOLDING MY BREATH CAN A VERIZON TECH PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
rreichle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

well hot **bleep** we finally got the IMG update and it fixed the problem only took 5 months at least its fixed

0 Likes