Installation Nightmare and no help from customer service
jengalvin80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent July 2, 3, 5 from 11a-6p and Saturday July 6 from 8-2 waiting for installation of my fios service in my new apartment.  When i called them to let them know I was moving they insisted it was available at my new location.  When the tech got there at 2 on 7/2, the wiring was not done in the apartment and they needed the help of another type of guy who works for a sub contractor.  They called that tech, who said he was coming by the end of the day and he never showed up.  This happened again on Wednesday and Thursday.  I spent three days of my summer vacation in my house with three kids waiting for someone who had no intention of coming.  I called customer service three times and finally got a supervisor on Saturday am who told me they could not tell me if that outside contractor was ever going to show up.  They apologized, but thats it.  I asked to cancel my service and they were shocked.  I had no service anyway.  So they transfer me to a relief agent, who was also sympathetic, but told me the chances of the outside contractor showing up were slim and none and that they could schedule me for the end of the following week. That would make it two weeks with no phone/internet/tv but even worse, my vacation was over. I can't even describe how upset I am about losing precious time with my three small children.  They finally showed up as I was walking out the door with the three kids to go to the beach and they came walking in.  I have not received any kind of help from customer service other than for them to tell me they have no control over their subcontrator. I don't know what to say other than it was  a total nightmare. For what I pay for service for the past five years I expected a lot more of them