Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Interacting my FiOS "regular" HD DVR with my PC, and vica versa

wekurtz74
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Interacting my FiOS "regular" HD DVR with my PC, and vica versa

Message 1 of 2
(3,667 Views)

Howdy Folks:

Couple of quickies! (i hope)

1.   Been looking for a way to transfer files from DVR to my PC/PC attached hard drive.  Is there any easy way to do this,such as the way a TiVo would allow this to be done?

2.  While looking for an answer to this, i Found the Media Manager software, which seems to allow one to stream video to your TVs, and other nice things.   I dont like installing software that I cannot use, so............

A.  Can this be used with the regular HD DVR, or do you need the Home Media DVR system?

B.    If it can be used with regualr DVR, can the video be streamed to any tv with any box, or can it only go to tvs with DVR boxes?

Thanks in advance..

1 REPLY 1
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Interacting my FiOS "regular" HD DVR with my PC, and vica versa

Message 2 of 2
(3,665 Views)

@wekurtz74 wrote:

Howdy Folks:

Couple of quickies! (i hope)

1.   Been looking for a way to transfer files from DVR to my PC/PC attached hard drive.  Is there any easy way to do this,such as the way a TiVo would allow this to be done?

2.  While looking for an answer to this, i Found the Media Manager software, which seems to allow one to stream video to your TVs, and other nice things.   I dont like installing software that I cannot use, so............

A.  Can this be used with the regular HD DVR, or do you need the Home Media DVR system?

B.    If it can be used with regualr DVR, can the video be streamed to any tv with any box, or can it only go to tvs with DVR boxes?

Thanks in advance..

No. The FIOS TV boxes do not allow the transfer of any content to your PC. (DRM) Digital Rights Management issues. Also HDCP High Definition Copy Protection. The firewire port is active if the correct drivers are installed in the PC. This could allow some none protected content to be streamed to your PC, if it is running D-VCR software. Mostly local programming and is a pain to try and use.

2. A.

The software can be used with the non HM-DVR for a 90 day trial, if you go and select Try HM-DVR. But otherwise HM-DVR subscription is required.

2. B.

Streaming Video is currently being tested. Total funtionality for streaming video from the PC to STB, has yet to be released.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title