Interactive Media Guide failing - too many connections on router or Xbox conflict?
tcrg

The Interactive Program guide has been working fine until my son came home from college and he plugged his Xbox into the TV. The XBox has a Ethernet connection to the router. With 3 set top boxes, 3 wireless laptops, an wifi itouch and 3 desktops connected, is this too many? I have tried rebooting the router and set top boxes - nothing. I disconnect the Xbox and reboot set to - voila - works fine. The Xbox is using component connections to the TV.

Is the Xbox causing the problem or am I pushing the limit. It only affects the TV the XBOX is connected to and only after he uses it online....

0 Likes
Re: Interactive Media Guide failing - too many connections on router or Xbox conflict?
Pauly
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tcrg wrote:

The Interactive Program guide has been working fine until my son came home from college and he plugged his Xbox into the TV. The XBox has a Ethernet connection to the router. With 3 set top boxes, 3 wireless laptops, an wifi itouch and 3 desktops connected, is this too many? I have tried rebooting the router and set top boxes - nothing. I disconnect the Xbox and reboot set to - voila - works fine. The Xbox is using component connections to the TV.

Is the Xbox causing the problem or am I pushing the limit. It only affects the TV the XBOX is connected to and only after he uses it online....

The limit that you have is between ip address 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99 for any devices that are not tv's. If you check the ip's of your stb's then you will see they get 192.168.1.100. The tv will allow you to hook multiple devices up to it all you have to do is change the input to the desired device. I have 4stb's 8 computers wired and wireless. ps3, xbox360, wii, a couple dsi's, and 2 droids that connect to the internet. Not all at the same time, but I did connect them at one point, and it all worked and not much slow down in the system.  The verizon router if it doesn't automatically you can log in and open up the ports for the xbox.  go to 192.168.1.1 in your browsers address bar.  username by default is admin, and password is usually password1. click on firewall> port forwarding> click add> where it says specify address select your xbox> click on dropdown for specify protocol> click on show all services, and then scroll down select xbox leave other 3 selections the same, and click apply, and then try. hope it might help.

0 Likes