Interactive Media Guide
geezplaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HD set top box but no DVR.  Recently got a notice that the "guide" was going to be upgraded to offer better services etc and that some STBs would not be upgraded. I looked to see if my STB had the number on it that would not be upgraded and my STB has no numbers at the lower left hand or anywhere that I can see on the front of the box. At this juncture my Interactive media guide remains un- upgraded.  Any ideas? Thanks.  This asterisk was at the bottom of the email: *New features are not available on Motorola QIP 2500 P1 and QIP 2500 P2 set-top box models. You can find your model number on the front of your set-top box in the lower left corner 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Interactive Media Guide
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Our 2500 boxes are the standard def boxes. You have an HD box. so you will be updated. You likely have a 7100 p2 since you say there is no writing on the front of it.

0 Likes
TextileWolf

When will this update be sent out?

0 Likes
theelder1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trust me you don't want the guide "upgrade".  It is horrible.  It is harder to see, read.  It looks like a cheap version of the old guide.

tns
Master - Level 2

They are updating in Maryland and Virginia this morning.

Areas served from the remaining areas (nyc,ri, Mass) were delayed (suppose to happen last week).  Hopefully in two or three weeks for them.

0 Likes
ALeo01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed - please re-skin the user interface FIOS, it is not easy to read!!

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

I just recieved my update this morning and I have to agree its bad, I had one of my boxes lock up twice because I pushed the button too many times to get it to change i guess. I also noticed that the remote commands are alot slower then before. Be careful dont hit the buttons on the remote too many times as your box will lock up because it lags so bad.

Come on verizon why did you roll out this junk, I dont know who designed this but they should be fired and then go back to the old guide.

silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Disreguard my post above, I dont know what happened but all day it was slow as I said but now its good to go and fast. I like the style of the guide but the performance was bad but now for some reason its sweet. 

0 Likes