Interesting customer service
pete554
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with verizon fios since its inception. The great thing about Fios is that there is minimal maintenance. Alas! it is not no maintenance. Tonight, I was reminded about why it is that people hate customer service. One of my boxes was not able to show picture and it gave me a number to call. Automated lady comes up, has me plug..unplug, it remotely reset..and then one more step..nothing worked, she said, she is transferring me to a live agent...live agent comes on line after 20 minutes( it is now 10:30 pm, and after confirming everything about me( can't complain as there are bad apples out there) asks me to turn off, surprised, i say..but that is what the computer have me do..you want me to do that all over again...and there is where the fun started.." Sir, I can not hear you very well..hello...hello...Thank you for calling verizon customer support...", I scream, but lady..I can hear you very well...hello..hello..hello...I can hear her pause..and then repeat...thank you for calling verizon customer service...I am sure she has taught me a lesson, as I have called customer service again and it is 13 min as I write this note..Next time, the agent says, turn off..damned if you did it two minutes ago...I am going to say yes sir...do you want me to stand on my head after that knowing that if I anger the agent who works for a company that I PAY to watch TV occasionally, it will be another twenty minute wait at least..Learn from this.

For added laugh, the lady did ask me what number did I have in case we got disconnected( I know, it is never for that) but I dutifully supplied by cell number, she may call me...you never know:) 

Petros

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Interesting customer service
pete554
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update 2: Got through after 20 minutes, turns out there is an outage, that affects only a single box per house in the area. According to the rep., one of the four boxes in my house was affected by the outage. I guess I should be grateful, the rest are ok:) 

Did not believe her..but...there are more pressing things in life that watching TV..after all isn't everybody cutting the cord..You wonder why? This is what you get for 190 dollars a month..

Give credit where it is due..the lady did call me back after she got disconnected..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Interesting customer service
pete554
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update 2: Got through after 20 minutes, turns out there is an outage, that affects only a single box per house in the area. According to the rep., one of the four boxes in my house was affected by the outage. I guess I should be grateful, the rest are ok:) 

Did not believe her..but...there are more pressing things in life that watching TV..after all isn't everybody cutting the cord..You wonder why? This is what you get for 190 dollars a month..

Give credit where it is due..the lady did call me back after she got disconnected..

0 Likes