Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Intermittent Audio Distortion with HDMI hookup

mtvessel
Contributor
Contributor

Intermittent Audio Distortion with HDMI hookup

Message 1 of 4
(9,510 Views)

I recently bought a Toshiba REGZA model 40xv645u to replace a Viewsonic unit. I used the HDMI cable that I had the Viewsonic hooked up with, and had no problems with at all in both picture and audio, and after the first three hours the audio went a bit crazy. The sound from the TV was like someone had put the reverb up all and it was scratchy. The scratchy sound was like when you have the cable box volume set to a specific level and you try to boost the sound with the TV volume. How ever on this set up I have the stb volume fixed because I specifically want the volume controlled on the TV.

I also do not think that the reverb would be caused by volume settings. I talked to Toshiba and their response was to make sure that it only happened with the stb otherwise they would be glad to service the unit, does that sound familiar?

I haven't noticed the problem with my htib set up, that is hooked up with component cables. I am going to try testing the TV as Toshiba instructed, turn off and unplug TV for at least ten minutes and then see if the audio problem occurs with the htib unit as well as the stb.

I can tell you that the problem went away if I turned off the TV and turned it back on, this would stop the problem for another three hours. Has anybody else had this problem?  

3 REPLIES 3
VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Intermittent Audio Distortion with HDMI hookup

Message 2 of 4
(9,449 Views)

Have a look in Menu/Settings/Audio/Dynamic Range of  your set top box.  Possibly moving from High to low and test then back to High and test again.  Also check settings for stereo, surround etc.  Assure the TV is on  a proper audio selection such as sports,music,movies etc.

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

jlouis
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(8,901 Views)

mtvessel, Did you ever find a resolution to this problem?

I have that exact same model Toshiba Regza (along with a 46" as well).  I use Verizon FIOS for internet but as a business customer, it's cheaper for me to use Directv, so mine are hooked to HD directv boxes (using HDMI).  My 40" has the exact same problem as yours.  Purchased as Best Buy about 2 months ago. 

Look forward to hearing what you may have found out.

pkf1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,604 Views)

I too have the same model 40 inch Regza and am having the same audio distortion problem.  I also have a 46 inch Regza and no problem with that.  Has anyone found a solution?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.