Intermittent On Demand Video/Audio Freezes
JT371

For several days we have been experiencing freezes/pixelation of the video stream (similar to weather interference on a satelite dish), and lost audio while viewing "on demand" shows. It became so annoying on one TV, we turned it off and try viewing the shows on another one and had a similar experience. I tried going through the online troubleshooting steps with no success. The modem, and ONT, and both set top boxes were rebooted. On one of the boxes the troubleshooter recommended sending a "reset" signal. After taking all of these steps, I've noticed a little imporvement, but the problem has not been resolved.

I've searched online for similar complaints, and found one post suggesting a problem with the ONT since we are seeing this on both TV's. Are there any steps I can take to diagnose that device?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent On Demand Video/Audio Freezes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STBs do you have?

Have you verified that all of the coax connections are tight?

BTW, the device you call a model is actually a router.

Verizon does not use modems.

0 Likes
JT371

Yes, the connections are tight. The box is model 7100-P2. I was able to have a chat session with tech support last night. They tried a remote diagnostic, and it came up inconclusive. Now they suggested having a tech come out.

BTW, thanks for the correction. I don't know why I typed modem.

0 Likes
Winechick44

Is there a fix for this, I have been having the same issue for over a year now.

0 Likes