Intermittent no sound issues with Cisco CHS 435HDC
TheAndy500

I'm having the same issue that everyone and their mom is having on every other page of these forums.  Basically, you're watching a program and suddenly the sound goes away.  If you can get the channel to stop recording (for example, by changing the channel to two other channels, or if you're recording a channel then by changing the channel once) then come back, the sound is back!  It lasts for a few minutes then it dies again.  

I had this issue when I first got my box in April.  Then I didn't notice it for awhile and today it started again.  I've basically been changing the channel over and over again all day.  Doing a Google search or browsing this forum for about 20 seconds it's clear this issue has been reported a hundred times.  Is Verizon going to fix this or what?

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent no sound issues with Cisco CHS 435HDC
Hubrisnxs
Legend

another person was able to fix this by doing an optical audio cable instead of hdmi.  verizon just did their latest update, so if its an update that is needed to fix it, you're looking at quite a few months out.  

0 Likes
TheAndy500

I'll get back to you on Thursday or Friday because I'm too cheap to pay for two day shipping.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

we are kindred spirits. 

0 Likes