Re: Intermittent problem Verizon cannot resolve
boss351

ONT is outside. Running network cable would be major work. Since Verizon has not suggested anything yet I view it as their problem to solve.

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent problem Verizon cannot resolve - they suggest changing service providers?
fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3
I've been on ethernet from day one, they tried switching to moca that didn't fix anything and then the next tech that came out put it back.
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent problem Verizon cannot resolve
prisaz
Legend

@boss351 wrote:

ONT is outside. Running network cable would be major work. Since Verizon has not suggested anything yet I view it as their problem to solve.

This is a peer to peer support community, where users try to help other users. At times Verizon may join in and escalate your issue, such as Anthony_VZ has attempted. He is a Verizon Employee. Others here are just attempting to help the best we know how.

Follow Anthony_VZ's post in regards to escalating the issue. Many times since this is a peer to peer site, the customer would be referred to the contact us link at the bottom of the page. But you have been working with Verizon. Once you have filled out the form. You may also get a PM in addition to what Anthony_VZ had posted. Click on the Gold Envelope at the top right of the page if you see a new message.

Give the Escalation Process a chance. There have been many times when difficult issues, or strange problems arise. Through the Escalation Process, the issue at hand can be viewed by other Verizon Employees, other than your local support office. Someone must have an answer.

Best Regards

Mark

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent problem Verizon cannot resolve - they suggest changing service providers?
Willie_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Evening fttpline,

How has your service been since the FT. returned the connnection back to Ethernet?  ~Frank S.

fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3
It's still has the same problems 2 or 3 nights ago I had to go down and unplug the ont and battery and reset the modem to get it back up.
0 Likes
boss351

FTTPLINE - one thing I did learn from the FT was that I only had to pull one plug to power cycle the ONT as I had been pulling the power plug and the battery connection. Not sure what your ONT cabinet looks like but this is what mine does and the one plug needed to power cycle.

0 Likes
Matthew_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When would be the best time to have another tech out to take a look? ^MMP

0 Likes
fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Boss351 mine is the the basement hook to a power strip so I flip that and the router cycles to and I just pull the battery side.  Can't wait till the day I don't have to keep doing this..

0 Likes
boss351

Matthew_VZ   Having a tech come out doesn't do anything unless its failed. And I've had the local FIOS tech out multiple times when it failed. He worked with his network techs and all they would do is tell him it might be associated with a Tellabs ONT issue and that was the end of it.  I keep him updated and he's even contacted his supervisor to see if he can get any support for some additional troubleshooting but so far the only person who has shown any concern is my local tech and he's hit a Verizon wall.

0 Likes
fttpline
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with boss351 when the field tech come out they say there is nothing they can do.  They get a network tech on the phone reset the electronic cross connect.  It comes back up but that's the temp. fix. The last tech out said they have problems with the tellabs and tried to get me moved over to gpon but said his boss had to approve it and engineering had to do something. A boss was sops to follow up but never did I called back to see what happen (had to start all over again) they sent out another tech he changed the ont and said he would refer it back to his boss. Still nothing and it still drops. 

0 Likes