Intermittent sound interruption
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

When watching TV programming, I sometimes experience a 2-3 second sound interruption. It seems to clear when I change the channel and revert back to the channel I was watching. The same thing happens when watching a program off the DVR.  I can rewind the program and the sound is there but it just interrupts it intermittently when playing back. I have the multi-room DVR setup. Is this a FIOS problem with my equipment? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Intermittent sound interruption
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok , try the total reboot. Unplug the the VMS and IPC from power, plug them back in after a minute or two. While you're at it might as well reboot the the ONT too, just to say everything is fresh. Also reboot router. See if that helps at all. If not gotta check in diagnostic menu on bad channels to see what the SNR is.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

How is the box hooked up? Coax or wifi? If coax, try removing the connection and reconnecting it on both ends of the cable. If wifi, you should try coax. How is the TV hooked up? HDMI or analog? Which boxes are you using? We need more details to help you.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

How is the box hooked up? Coax or wifi? If coax, try removing the connection and reconnecting it on both ends of the cable. If wifi, you should try coax. How is the TV hooked up? HDMI or analog? Which boxes are you using? We need more details to help you.

The boxes are connected to coax and the box(es) to TV connection is HDMI. The main DVR box is model VMS1100 and the client box(es) are IPC11002P. Thanks!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it happen on both the VMS and IPC?

If so, then check coax conections.

Start at ONT and make sure all of the connections are tight.

Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

@CRobGauth wrote:

Does it happen on both the VMS and IPC?

If so, then check coax conections.

Start at ONT and make sure all of the connections are tight.

Yes, it happens on both the VMS and IPC boxes. The coax and HDMI cables have been checked, disconnected and reconnected. The problem remains.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok , try the total reboot. Unplug the the VMS and IPC from power, plug them back in after a minute or two. While you're at it might as well reboot the the ONT too, just to say everything is fresh. Also reboot router. See if that helps at all. If not gotta check in diagnostic menu on bad channels to see what the SNR is.

chrisp5

Same problem Can you please stop with the acronyms and say what they mean?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes