Internal temperature of a Cisco CHS 435HDC (Overheating?)
Jemeagle991
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just replaced a Cisco CHS 435HDC with another one and I could smell the heat coming from the unit. It seems to be running hotter than the unit it replaced and is installed in the same location. Unlike my old Tivo's I can't find anything in regards to temperature. Is there a diagnostic that I can run to check the temperature? What would be considered in the "normal" range. One thing I obviously don't want is for this box to cause a fire! Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internal temperature of a Cisco CHS 435HDC (Overheating?)
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i think if you hold the d button for 3 seconds, and then you will get a message led on the front of the box and then you hit ok.  that pulls up the diagnostics.   then you want to go to your hard drive section to find the temperature., 

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

i think if you hold the d button for 3 seconds, and then you will get a message led on the front of the box and then you hit ok.  that pulls up the diagnostics.   then you want to go to your hard drive section to find the temperature., 

Jemeagle991
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Hubrisnxs, that did the trick (and then some)! Much information there. Holding the D button on the bottom of the remote for 3-4 seconds will briefly show an envelope symbol on the display. When that happens, pressing the OK button located below the D button will bring up a whole screen full of diagnostics. There are 10 options to the main menu. Hitting option D03 will give you Hard Disk info that includes the Internal Temp and the line below that will give you the answer as to whether or not it's running too hot and that's labeled Over Temp. Thank you again! Man Very Happy