Is Arris the best STB ?
TVFOREVER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just replaced a 5 year old Motorola STB with a new Arris. STB. The Guide background is black with gray letters/numbers which is difficult to read and cannot be changed. Also when using Favorite buttons I first needed to open the Guide then uncheck the Favorite box then able to use all the Subscribed stations. A real po ain to do this. 

Also next week getting a new 65" t

Samsung and like to know the best STB from Verizon? One that will give best picture and sound? Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Arris the best STB ?
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TVFOREVER wrote:

Just replaced a 5 year old Motorola STB with a new Arris. STB. The Guide background is black with gray letters/numbers which is difficult to read and cannot be changed. Also when using Favorite buttons I first needed to open the Guide then uncheck the Favorite box then able to use all the Subscribed stations. A real po ain to do this. 

Samsung and like to know the best STB from Verizon? One that will give best picture and sound? Thanks

The Arris boxes are the latest and best from Verizon. They are the only 4K capable units, and can output 4K HDR given the correct source programming. The VMS can output HDMI and composite video simultaneously, and has an optical output, the IPC can only output 1 signal at a time. They both have advanced video processing compared to the older boxes. Just make sure the input you use on your new TV is setup to accept 4K HDR or you won't get the best from the boxes.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe that Verizon is now providing Arris STBs to subscribers of FiOS TV packages.

When I called to have our final Motorola SD STB switched out with a digital box, everything was replaced with Arris 4100 units.

The only real complaint that I have with the 4100s is that the front LED will often be fully illuminated after overnight upgrades/updates are completed. It gives the false impression that the STB is running, when it isn't.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TVFOREVER wrote:

The Arris boxes are the latest and best from Verizon. They are the only 4K capable units, and can output 4K HDR given the correct source programming. The VMS can output HDMI and composite video simultaneously, and has an optical output, the IPC can only output 1 signal at a time. They both have advanced video processing compared to the older boxes. Just make sure the input you use on your new TV is setup to accept 4K HDR or you won't get the best from the boxes.

TVFOREVER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for reply . I have found that LED light on front of the STB distracting and annoying to me so I put a small piece of black electrical tape across the LED light and problem solved. The box works fine with the tape across the front of the cable box.

TVFOREVER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for info. Just had installed Samsung 65" Q80A model and watching Olymics in 4K. Happy with picture and sound. A improvement from previous 5 year  49" Sansung. Will kept Arris box.