Is multi-room required for 500GB DVR? (7232)

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Is multi-room required for 500GB DVR? (7232)

Message 1 of 2
(1,040 Views)

I recently paid the $40 fee to upgrade my DVR to the 500GB model (7232 2.)  I noticed that my monthly bill went up and determined that this is because I am now being charged a 'multi-room DVR' fee.

I called customer support and was told that the only 500GB DVR available has multi-room and that if I didn't want to pay for that feature, I would have to swap my DVR back to the old 160GB model.

I've read here and on other forums that multi-room is simply a feature that can be turned on or off.  Is this true? 

If so, how do I convince customer support that I do not want multi-room, but want to keep my new higher capacity DVR?

Thanks

Josh

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Is multi-room required for 500GB DVR? (7232)

Message 2 of 2
(1,024 Views)

This is absolutely false.  The Mult-room feature is a software option that can be eneabled or disabled on any DVR (doesn't matter the model or hard drive size).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.