Is the Serial Port on the SD STB Activated for me to connect it to a TIVO Device?
bkusha19

Hi, 

Is the Serial Port on the SD STB activated for me to connect it to a TIVO SD DVR? TIVO set up needs it and TIVO Tech Support told me to check with you FIOS to see if the port is activated, before I go ahead and purchase the cable to connect the two.

Thanks, 

Barmak

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Is the Serial Port on the SD STB Activated for me to connect it to a TIVO Device?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

No that port is not enabled unfortunately.  the only way to connect that box to another device is through an RF connector or RCA connectors or S-Video Connectors

0 Likes
Re: Is the Serial Port on the SD STB Activated for me to connect it to a TIVO Device?
bkusha19

Thanks. That's too bad. Why is that? Can you activate it for me if a tech comes over?

What is an RF connector? Same thing as an IR connector?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

RF refers to RF IN or coax in.  it's the connector for the coax, so its the Coax connector.

the port in the back is disabled by the manufacturer, so it's physically there but not programmed to do anything, so it won't talk to any cable properly or transmit info back and forth.  it's unuseable.  

That may change in the future when verizon moves away from motorola, and goes to cisco, but I think it will be the same issue then too.

we have some pretty experienced users on here, one user has made reference to other ports not being useable because of limitations of the box and the hardware on it, so maybe that's the reason, but I couldn't tell you why it's not enabled or useable, only that it isn't.

😞

0 Likes
bkusha19

Ok, thanks!

😞

🙂

0 Likes