Is there a 10 or 15 minute skip trick?
PajamaGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Love my system - it's working very well.  No bugs, just a couple of bumps here & there. 

It seems as though a recording must finish the recording process in order for the "chapters" (up-arrow while viewing) show up.  When the chapters are there, it's very easy to skip forward and backward.  However when the chapters are NOT there, it seems the only way to move forward and backward is via FF or RW. 

With DirecTV, if you were in a recording, or just in the buffer, if you started FF or RW, a press of the SKIP forward or JUMP back, caused the index to jump 15 minutes at a time.  I haven't yet found a way to do that with FiOS?

It really only is needed when the chapters haven't been created.  For instance, you are recording AND watching a 2-hour program.  At the 1:45 mark, you want to rewind back to 0:15 to replay what happened then, and then after watching for 5 min, you want to skip forward to the 1:50 mark and continue where you were.  Since the "CHAPTERS" haven't been created yet, is there a skip method that jumps 15 min (or so) at a time, or are you stuck using FF (8x)?

Added:  Oh yeah, this issue/question becomes more significant because unless I'm missing another something, "Chapters" aren't available when you're viewing multi-room. 

PJ
CISCO CHS 435HDC (2)
CISCO CHS 335HDC (1)
1.9 Build:12.40

0 Likes
Re: Is there a 10 or 15 minute skip trick?
tns
Master - Level 2

The skip back and forward are on the remotes (Prev,next).  15 minutes is not an option.  In the menu, settings, DVR, you can set the amount to skip/replay values to various amounts.  You can set each seperately  to 10 sec, 30 sec, 1 minute, 5 minutes.  I believe each defaults to 30 seconds.

0 Likes