Is there a Fios TV signal booster available?
jdenmark1

I have 3 STB running Fios, since the fios guy came to update my central FIOS box outside, I have been having one tv intermittently go blank (Video only / Audio still works) between 5-20 seconds. At the same time the component input heading appears on my Samsung TV. 
I thought initially it was a TV issue, then a STB issue, then a cable issue. I checked all and all werent the issue. I noticed that when I click to the FIOS guide the image stays stable. I researched and found that several FIOS customers a few years back had similar issues which they pinpointed to a degradation of the signal either.

It was suggested that I find a signal booster which is MOCA compatible. Does anyone know if such exists and if so, where I install it in the line?

Alternatively, is there a setting in the main fios box itself that may boost the signal? saving me the issue of buying and installing the hardware booster?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a Fios TV signal booster available?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are some that work (not available from Verizon), but they really are very, very, very unlikely to be needed.  The signal from the ONT is quite strong.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can be more trouble than their worth.

You would be much better off if you worked to upgrade coax and splitters.

With just 3 STBs and a router, you should not have a signal issue unless you have poor or bad coax, or a bad splitter.

What model STBs do you have?

They have diagnostics to tell you what the signal levels are.

0 Likes
jrive1

Hello,

The ONT signal may be strong, but in some cases , after multiple routers, extendes, and STBs, and hence multiple splitters, it may be low or margina lby the time it getsw to the STB.  I am also having the intermittent video issues where the video blanks out for a second or two --sometimes it happens quite frequently, other times , you can watch for a long time before it begins to happen. 

I've replaced my receiver, my HDMI cables, the  FIOS One box (technician came yesterday), and still, the blinking issue remains.  He did point out that the signal was marginal at the FIOS one server box, so, if there is an amplifier I could try to see if boosting the signal solves the blinking issue, I would appreciate the information.  Thank you.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes