Is there a limit on the number of "series recordings" you can have set up?
NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have not fully quantified this problem, and the 1.6 update may have fixed it, but we will ask anyway.

Is there a limit to how many series recordings you can have set up?

We ask because it appears that when we set up a new series recording some previous series disappears from our list. Most recently we added the series Fringe, and now Code Geas is not being recorded, and in fact Code Geas no longer appears in our list of Series Recordings. However going in and trying to set up a new Series Recording for the Code Geas show then gives an error that this series is already scheduled to record, and now it is back in the list of series to be recorded.

We have missed many series premieres this season due to this issue - Heros, Pushing Daisies, and others were missing from our list of Series Recordings, and now that we're re-added then who knows what otehr series has been kicked out... It takes about 20 page flips to go through our entire list so it is not something we do on a regular basis.

Re: Is there a limit on the number of "series recordings" you can have set up?
rkkeller
I have over 80 SP's with no problem.  Maybe pull the plug and reset your DVR.
0 Likes
NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rkkeller wrote:
I have over 80 SP's with no problem.  Maybe pull the plug and reset your DVR.

The box has been power-cycled and reset about a dozen times for various reasons in the past year. I think we have about 100 SPs (without conting them all...)

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It sounds like you quite possibly have reached the DVR's limit for series recordings judging by what you are saying. You question would be a great one to ask Motorola who makes the boxes.
0 Likes
NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Telcoguru wrote:
It sounds like you quite possibly have reached the DVR's limit for series recordings judging by what you are saying. You question would be a great one to ask Motorola who makes the boxes.
Do you have a suggested contact at Motorola, Telcoguru? All the times I previously emailed questions to their support concerning capabilities of our Comcast {please keep your posts courteous}  DVR all we got back was boilerplate that did not answer the question and referred us back to useless Comcast - very much like Verizon's support.
Message Edited by KaLin on 11-01-2008 07:34 PM
0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1
For what its worth, I previously tried to get information from Motorola regarding something as innocuous as a missing rubber footpad on the bottom of the STB.  Verizon could not help or provide one (their suggestion was to report the STB as defective and they would send a new one out).  After surfing around Motorola's various web pages, I finally uncovered a 'technical' contact.  Their only comment was that under the purchase contract agreement between Motorola and Verizon ONLY Verizon is to provide information to the end user.  Motorola only response is limited to referring the end user to Verizon.  Motorola barely acknowledges that they manufactured the STB with their logo on it.
0 Likes