Issue with Cable Card in TiVo Bolt
FuzzerDad

I have a TiVo Bolt with a cable card that suddenly started having issues about 2 weeks ago.  It was replaced, but the replacement is not pairing correctly and I am having trouble getting someone to do what Tivo refers to as a “manual pairing”.

I would appreciate any advice.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issue with Cable Card in TiVo Bolt
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had aa cable card "lose it's mind" one time and could get half of the channels that 
I subscribed to.    I followed their activation instructions and it didn't work.   I found a phone number that display on one of the channels which did not work or it was on the activation sheet that came with the cable card and I called that.

I told them that I had followed the activation instructions for my cable card but that I was not "receiving all the channels to which I was subscribed".   I didn't use any of the TiVO lingo.    They asked for some of the numbers from the card and some numbers from the Tivo config screen and worked on it while I was on hold watching the screen.

Took them about 10 minutes before they managed to get the configuration to push to the card, but it started working eventually and everything's been fine since.

Sometimes being "less detailed" seems to help with these things.   By saying I wasn't getting all my channels to which I was subscribed after following activation, that seemed to lead the person on the phone down a script that resulted in doing the exact manual activation to which you refer.

View solution in original post

Re: Issue with Cable Card in TiVo Bolt
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had aa cable card "lose it's mind" one time and could get half of the channels that 
I subscribed to.    I followed their activation instructions and it didn't work.   I found a phone number that display on one of the channels which did not work or it was on the activation sheet that came with the cable card and I called that.

I told them that I had followed the activation instructions for my cable card but that I was not "receiving all the channels to which I was subscribed".   I didn't use any of the TiVO lingo.    They asked for some of the numbers from the card and some numbers from the Tivo config screen and worked on it while I was on hold watching the screen.

Took them about 10 minutes before they managed to get the configuration to push to the card, but it started working eventually and everything's been fine since.

Sometimes being "less detailed" seems to help with these things.   By saying I wasn't getting all my channels to which I was subscribed after following activation, that seemed to lead the person on the phone down a script that resulted in doing the exact manual activation to which you refer.