Verizon fios login page keeps refreshing/redirecting
shamsm

Hi, I am trying to login to verizon via nbcsports and it's not letting me login. The page shows "please wait, we are verifying your account..." before refreshing. I've noticed that it refreshes from these three urls I listed below. The same problem occurs in chrome, safari and firefox. I used it incognito mode as well as without extensions and the same thing keeps happening. Any help?

These are the three links that it keeps refreshing between:

https://ssoauth.verizon.com/sso/logout/logout.jsp?target=https%3A%2F%2Fssoauth.verizon.com%2Fsso%2FV...

to this:

https://ssoauth.verizon.com/sso/choice/tvpHandler.jsp?loginType=vzRedirect&partner=nbcsports&TOP=Y&p...

to this:

https://ssoauth.verizon.com/sso/VOLPortalLogin?loginType=vzRedirect&partner=nbcsports&TOP=Y&partnerl...

0 Likes
Re: Verizon fios login page keeps refreshing/redirecting
eeyore13

This is an ongoing problem for Verizon. I have found message boards on this web site as far back as 2013 and 2014 describing the exact same issue. Only one of them claims to have a workaround that works...but if it did back then, it does not work now. I have spent hours on the phone and in chat sessions with Verizon support, including a screen sharing session with tech support, but none of those have yielded a workable solution. The Verizon tech that did the screen sharing session with me kept trying to get me to sign in the ESPN.com with my Verizon credentials and seemed genuinely confused when that did not work. Finally after over an hour of patiently taking him through everything, he announced that the Verizon technicians were aware of the problem and would have a fix implemented "within 24 hours"...

...it's now been more than 72 hours, and  still no solution. 

I won't hold my breath.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Log In
jeh23059

I'm having the issue linking nbc to fios using my firestick. I went to clear cache on the nbc app, but each time I try to link... same thing. It just hangs at "Please wait - we are verifying your account"

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@eeyore13 wrote:

This is an ongoing problem for Verizon. I have found message boards on this web site as far back as 2013 and 2014 describing the exact same issue. Only one of them claims to have a workaround that works...but if it did back then, it does not work now. I have spent hours on the phone and in chat sessions with Verizon support, including a screen sharing session with tech support, but none of those have yielded a workable solution. The Verizon tech that did the screen sharing session with me kept trying to get me to sign in the ESPN.com with my Verizon credentials and seemed genuinely confused when that did not work. Finally after over an hour of patiently taking him through everything, he announced that the Verizon technicians were aware of the problem and would have a fix implemented "within 24 hours"...

...it's now been more than 72 hours, and  still no solution. 

I won't hold my breath.

From Verizon tech support:

Here is the response I received regarding the authentication with streaming devices issues:

"Verizon doesn’t have any apps in market on any streaming devices. That means that users are having issues with content providers own apps with the Verizon SSO login (ex. they are trying to use the Verizon credentials on provider apps). This would be an authentication issue so the best thing would be to refer users to submit a ticket via the supported platforms - Fios TV App or Fios TV Web as the team has automated support flows to assist the customers."

Sorry but it's the best I can do at this time.

Pcpronowllc
Enthusiast - Level 1

If using a fire stick, I have found a work around.  When stuck in that loop, keep cycling the refresh button frequently- pausing occasionally, sometimes using the back << button  - it may take a full minute or two or more but will eventually take you to a failure to load page, choose verizon home page and navigate to residential, then the sign in option, then sign onto the site using your verizon credentials. After it logs you into verizon completely, Exit the browser to the app using the return button (above the << buton) on the remote, then choose the tv provider verizon again and it will authorize the app as normal .  I have been using this trick for over a year, its annoying, but it works most of the time, it helps to have a Bluetooth keyboard but not necessary. 

Hope it helps someone...

jenniferkam

what happens when it just says "ou need a subscription to use this service"

0 Likes
Re: Issue with connecting Firestick, log in page keeps reloading
Jpd73

I was able to sign in on my laptop to NBC app but not the fire stick. Verizon is the worst. 

0 Likes
Zitronensaft

Will this ever be resolved???

I've spent hours trying to make this work.

Apps like HBO or Showtime that require you to verify by entering a code on a separate web browser all work great. The apps with the built-in login page don't work at all with verizon.

0 Likes
lincy1

I am having the same problem. Planning on disconnecting with verizon

0 Likes
d2345
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS IS MY ISSUE TOO!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!  Now, since I did a factory reset of the Firestick, I can't log into ANYTHING that requires you to authenticate through the Firestick (anything that gives me a code and sends me to an /activate page on my phone/computer works fine).  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

I was having issues with the NBC apps (NBC, Bravo, E, NBC Sports, etc.) - when I would try to log in on the apps on the Firestick using the CORRECT username and password it would tell me they were incorrect. I tried everything - logging out, logging in, resetting, deleting app (even completely deleting it from here on the Amazon site just to be sure), redownloading, clearing cache, clearing date, even clearing cache and data from the APPSTORE, NOTHING WORKED. I reset my username and password for Verizon Fios multiple times. Finally, I did a hard / FACTORY RESET.

NOW - when I go to these apps and try to activate / link to Verizon Fios, I get stuck with it going no where - it either keeps bringing me back to the "Select Your Provider to Link" (or whatever it says) page, over and over again, or, after I try to link, I get stuck on a blue/gray (the Amazon background color basically) screen that never changes. If I "go back", it takes me back to the app's home page, and my provider is not linked.

I HAVE BEEN ABLE to link / activate for apps that give me a code and send me to my phone or computer, but now, anything that has me do it on the Firestick DOES NOT WORK. More apps than before are doing this now - I can't get into CNN, ESPN. Basically, I can't get into ANYTHING.

HELP! I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do!